Multi vitamins or conception vitamins

jessicasmum

Mum of 3
Reaction score
I was wondering if you ladies are taking or going to take a normal multi vitamin or a conception vitamin? and what brand of either you are taking?

I was taking pregnacare conception vitamins from February - august while I was TTC but stopped now I'm on a break. I hopefully will be TTC starting again on Christmas day so I now want to start a vitamin again. I was looking for a normal multi vitamin to take which will have all the vitamins I will need and will be cheaper in cost, the ones I have I come across so far though say they aren't suitable for TTC or pregnancy. so if any of you know of any multi vitamins that are suitable that would be great :D

Thanks for your replies in advance :flower:

I'm taking a multivitamin at the moment and going to add folic acid in two weeks. One I start TTC I wil be swapping to a prenatal

Which brand of multi vitamin are you taking? and which prenatal do you plan to take?

I'm taking one of the bassets soft and chewy ones and plan on taking pregnacare with omega 3 as I don't eat enough fish. There are the ones I used with my daughter

Right now I'm taking Daily One it has 400 mcg's of Folic Acid.

I am taking this prenatal, since it seemed to be a multi-vitamin with the extra prenatal things (folic acid, DHA), and wasn't one of the more expensive brands!

https://www.naturemade.com/products/multivitamins/prenatal-dha-liquid-softgel

Should women who aren't pregnant but want to be in the future take DHA?

im taking a womens one a day vitamin on days when i eat a good breakfast with it. on days when I dont have time for breakfast-i just take a folic acid 800mcg tablet.

I take women's one a day vitacraves, they are way better than the normal ones, I don't have to eat something with it. It has vit a, b(multiple ones), frolic acid, zinc, and others I can't think of. Only thing I wish it had was iron, but otherwise it is a good tasting gummy that is easy to take:thumbup:

i take vitafusion prenatal gummies they have dha and folic in them, there easy on the tum tum and taiste great

Totally forgot I did this post. Thank you for all of you that posted replies :)

I actually started taking pregnacare conception again in the end but today have bought seven seas trying for a baby which I will start taking Friday once pregnacare pack has ended. The seven seas are cheaper but not sure what peoples views are on them, I got 12 weeks worth for £8.98 which I normally pay £7.97 for 4 weeks worth of pregnacare.

Has any of you ladies ever taken seven seas trying for a baby, if so what did/do you think?

Just normal multi vitamins and additional folic acid tablets.

I will swap over to prenatals when I'm actually TTC

Why DHA, what is it?

I take all sorts to be honest, I'm a bit of a vitamin freak !

Why DHA, what is it?

I take all sorts to be honest, I'm a bit of a vitamin freak !

Not sure either about DHA, I don't think it's in the seven seas ones that I have just got.

I'm scaring myself how much I have been looking up about vitamins recently :haha:

Hi ladies bn on prenatal vitamins since the beginning of October. WTT jan-February 2014 but I would like my bases covered.

DHA is good for brain development they have it in formula now as its found in breast milk and since the nervous system and brain start to develope right away its very good for the baby to have it in your system

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->