• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Multiple failed IVF

Timetotry

Reaction score
I have done 2 rounds of ivf, with fresh transfers both time. I have a couple more days before my beta, but bfn at home and am spotting...so this looks like another failed cycle.
I do have a couple frozen embryos and will do an FET as soon as they will let me and we can afford it.

But I'm just wondering if there is any testing I should request in the mean time? I'd like to know if there's some other factor contributing to the implantation failure.
Any suggestions?

I personally had 6 miscarriages that were early on all prior to getting a heartbeat via ultrasound. They were from oral fertility meds and IUIs. My doctor insisted on us having PGS for embryos when we went to do IVF because she said she was sure it had to be a genetic issue. Well, we now have 8 frozen embryos and they came back with no genetic issues. So in our case it wasn't genetic. The only other thing we did differently was the dr had me take the maximum amount of progesterone. So for the first trimester I took a 2 ML progesterone injection every night and then used a vaginal suppository of progesterone every morning. I was able to carry to term and I feel strongly that my body just wasn't able to produce the progesterone amount needed to hold on to the pregnancy. After the first trimester the placenta is developed enough and it takes over hormone production. Hope this helps<3

Have you done an endo scratch? The procedure itself helps aid implantation, and then they send off the tissue to make sure there isn't anything wrong with the lining. Hurts like hell, but if it works it's worth it

I have done 2 rounds of ivf, with fresh transfers both time. I have a couple more days before my beta, but bfn at home and am spotting...so this looks like another failed cycle.
I do have a couple frozen embryos and will do an FET as soon as they will let me and we can afford it.

But I'm just wondering if there is any testing I should request in the mean time? I'd like to know if there's some other factor contributing to the implantation failure.
Any suggestions?
Hi, dear! Sorry you've faced failures. :nope:
Years ago I was diagnosed on endo and PCOS. Did several attempts in the life run but in vain. Nothing helped us. Then finally our doc gave us only 5% verdict of conceiving with OE. It was devastating and heartbreaking news to all of the family as this meant my baby won't be biologically related to me! Oh, how hard this decision was for us, for me particularly. After another fresh ivf cycle which ended with a miscarriage I took really long 1.5 break to heal emotionally and physically as well..
Finally we found ourselves in Ukrainian clinic where we applied for ivf with donor egg. We got our BFP from the 1st attempt. Currently we're waiting for our safety 12 weeks stage to accomplish the program.
There are lots of reasons our cycles fail or end in a miscarriage. :wacko: “1.Female Age. Since each woman is born with a certain number of eggs, as you age, you use those eggs up. Your likelihood of a live birth after IVF is greater the younger that you are. Some studies show that the likelihood of a live birth after IVF for a woman age 35 is around 32 percent, but only 16 percent for a woman who is 40. Of course, this is not a guarantee that IVF won’t work for your particular case.
2.Embryo Quality. Embryo Quality can be another contributing factor to IVF failure. Some embryos have genetic or chromosomal abnormalities that can make them too weak to work for IVF. Still other embryos don’t have enough cells to survive and are less likely to fertilize. There are quite a few things that can contribute to embryo quality which can eventually lead to IVF failure
3. Ovarian Response. Sometimes a woman’s ovaries just do not respond properly to the IVF medications that try to get the ovaries to produce multiple eggs. If you already have a reduced number of eggs, are over 37, or have elevated FSH levels, it might be harder for your body to respond properly to IVF medications. In short, if your body listens to the medication and produces more eggs, your IVF is likely to be successful. If it doesn’t, then your chances that the IVF will fail are greater.
Implantation Issues
Implantation issues are probably the most common reason that IVF treatment fails. Most of the time when implantation issues occur, it is simply because the embryo stops growing and through no fault of anyone. If there are polyps or cysts on the ovaries, this can also be a contributing factor to implantation issues. Some research even suggests that chromosomal abnormalities that can cause implantation issues in embryos can be present in as many as 50% of cases!”
These are the four most common reasons that IVF treatment fails. You do need to reevaluate and make sure that you are happy with your doctor, your clinic and the services that you are receiving before attempting again. Also, talk candidly with your doctor about what he or she thinks might have went wrong and if there is anything that you or your partner can do to help things go smoothly the next time around. The most important thing is to stay positive and don’t give up! :hugs:

Have you thought on karyotype or PGS NGS?

Oh, I'm sorry, Timetotry! I've had 3 failed cycles before. And each time we were asking what causes an IVF cycle to fail. But got "No one knows the answer" only. Though among the explanations are, for example, poor quality of the embryo or genetic defects in the embryos. (Unfortunately, it cannot always be diagnosed). Or the presence of an unreceptive endometrium.
Of course your RE must know more about the issues. So it's better to have a talk with him.
I'd also recommend eviternity.org. They offer free consultations. Why not get the second opinion..
Wishing you the best x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"