Multiple missed miscarriage anyone??

Caligrl25

Reaction score
Has anyone ever had multiple "missed" or "silent" miscarriages? I just found out today at ultrasound appointment that the baby no longer has a heartbeat this is the second time it's happened to me and from what I read online these types of miscarriages are so rare I find it so strange that it's happened to me twic

Whoops wasn't done..
Twice**
I understand it says these are caused by chromosomal abnormalities but how does that happen twice I'm so confused! Plus we conceived through IVF and my dr said the embryos transferred were great quality..anyone have this happen?!?

I've had two missed miscarriages from IVF transfers. Both times I transferred perfect embryos. I also had two miscarriages from IVF transfers that were spontaneous abortion. Unfortunately unless you do genetic testing on the embryos you really don't know if you're transferring chromosomally normal embryos or not. Perfect embryos can have issues. Both of my mmc were tested and were normal though.

Although no guarantee if you've had 2 mcs then you could do genetic testing on the embryos to increase your odds. Also I would have your re do a recurrent loss panel to investigate to see if there is an underlying issue.

I'm sorry you're going through this :(

@mobaby thanks dos they ever find out why you are having the miscarriages?

Not at all. We did tons of testing. Finally when it came down to doing pgs when we wanted #2 and 2 spontaneous miscarriages and 2 additional chemical pregnancies we didn't have enough embryos and I ended up preggo and now 23 weeks :)

With my first we had never done pgs as my re didn't think it was necessary and it took 3 full ivf circles and 3 FETs. I wish we would have pushed for pgs sooner because I feel like it would have made a difference. We finally switched res after poor care and being treated badly and it worked first try at new clinic but after the mcs above. (So it was ivf #5 in total and 11th transfer). Pgs was the only thing left to try.

Pre implantation generic screening or genetic testing on embryos

I'm just popping in to offer my friends story hope you don't mind... My friend was pregnant naturalky 3x and all three were Mmc. We couldn't even believe it. She had an appointment with a genetic councillor to see the next steps but she fell pregnant again. Well those Mmc never reoccurred and she now has 2 beautiful kids. They were totally isolated. Imagine, 3 is a lot and yet she went on to have 2 other totally normal pregnancies. Sometimes it can be shear bad luck. Hope you get your rainbow baby real soon xx

I had 2 mmc both conceived naturally on just Metformin. First lost between 6-8 weeks. The second they found no heartbeat at 12+ 1 after 2 good early scans. Unfortunately with our first there wasn't much left to test once we found out. Had tests done with my second and they could find no reason. 6 months later I was pregnant for the 3rd time and had my beautiful rainbow baby in Jan 2012. Good luck to you.

I had 3 mmc, a singleton and twins. I had 1 successful pregnancy since then. All three losses were early but they did see at least a flicker of HB. In my successful pregnancy I took aspirin. Although it was too early for testing, I believe it was a blood clotting issue.

Not at all. We did tons of testing. Finally when it came down to doing pgs when we wanted #2 and 2 spontaneous miscarriages and 2 additional chemical pregnancies we didn't have enough embryos and I ended up preggo and now 23 weeks :)

With my first we had never done pgs as my re didn't think it was necessary and it took 3 full ivf circles and 3 FETs. I wish we would have pushed for pgs sooner because I feel like it would have made a difference. We finally switched res after poor care and being treated badly and it worked first try at new clinic but after the mcs above. (So it was ivf #5 in total and 11th transfer). Pgs was the only thing left to try.

Agree- pgs ngs

I have had three MMCs in a row - conceived naturally. OH has morphology and possible DNA fragmentation issues (waiting for the results of DNA fragmentation test).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->