Multiples polyp removed from uterus on 9th June 2014.

rocksbabe1

Reaction score
Hi.

I had surgery - Multiples polyp removed from uterus on 9th June 2014. When we original thought it was one polyp as it was find via scan last December but last Monday during the surgery. They found multiples of polyps in uterus.

Now I feel so ill. And rough. I went to hospital walk in centre on yesterday as my GP got full appointment, what a crap in those days with GP now. Anyway while I was at hospital, they discovered that I got blood in urine. So it being sent to lab now. And I was given anti notice fortes different infection, one from my cervical and one for urine. I am now waiting for the results of urine.

However, I feel so rough, as I felt so fully in my tummy, feel sick, headaches, colds and hot as well. Sometimes pain in tummy.

Do anyone has a same problem ?

Hi Rocksbabe,
I'm so sorry to hear that you are feeling so poorly after your surgery. I had the same surgery done a month ago (multiple polyps removed from uterus and cervix with hysteroscopy) and I was very fortunate to feel no ill effects from the procedure other than some very mild cramping and spotting for a day or two. Unfortunately infection is a complication that can arise from the procedure and it sounds like that's what happened to you. Did you say that your doctor gave you some antibiotics? You should definitely be on antibiotics, and then hopefully you should start feeling better in a couple days. *hugs!!*

Awww thanks babe. It's reassured. However did u have blood in urine? Did u manage to get pregnant after ur polpys removed?

no, i did not have blood in my urine. is it possible that you're still spotting and it looks like it's in the urine? my ob gyn said it's not uncommon to bleed slightly, even as heavy as having a period, for up to two weeks after the procedure. i only spotted for four days, but every woman is different. if you haven't mentioned these issues you're having to the doc who performed the surgery yet i think you definitely should. you could have developed an infection at the operation site, or a urinary tract infection. Or both. :nope: They need to get you on antibiotics pronto!

as for pregnancy, my OH and I are about to start trying for our first in 3 weeks. So fingers crossed for both of us!! (you and I, I mean ;) ) Good luck!

hope you are feeling better now. i had a hysteroscopy the same time as you did where they removed a huge golf ball sized polyp along with a lot of smaller ones. i had no pain or cramping afterwards slight bleeding the first day. for the past two weeks since the surgery ive had a tiny bit of spotting every day. my doctor has me on progesterone starting this week. my follow up is in 2 weeks.

Hi ladies, I have also had polyps removed. I have had this done twice in the last year and a half, and they keep coming back.:( My first hysteroscopy was painless, but the second one did have more side effects. I did not have blood in my urine though.

I am currently 7 days past iui, and when they did the ultrasound to check for my eggs, they found another polyp. I decided with just one to go ahead and do iui anyway. My doctor said many women have them but never know, and they get pregnant regardless.

Best of luck to you Rocksbabe, and everyone here who posted.:)

hi soon please. sorry to hear that they came back. hopefully its the last time! did your doctor prescribe you progesterone? i think its supposed to offset the estrogen that makes the polyps grow. i had my follow up the other day. my doctor told me to wait a few cycles to ttc because of the increased risk of mc soon after the hsc.

Hi:) Yes, I am on progesterone. I was also told that I would need to wait a cycle between trying after hysteroscopy/polypectomy. The problem is, after the last two, I had new polyps 2 cycles later.:( So, with just the one polyp this time, I decided to try even with the increased chance m/c. My doctor said that the polyp was small, and only one, and that many women get pregnant and don;t realize they have them and have healthy pregnancies. I am hoping this will be my case with the cycle, but trying not to hope to hard as well. I think if I end up not being pregnant, I will go in for the polyp removal. It's just hard to feel so out of control with my body.Thanks for listening and for your advice.:)

it sounds like you're doing everything you can to improve your chances. just think positive now and wishing you the best!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"