mum spending loads of money on the kids..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tezzy

Mum of 2 TTCAL
Reaction score
my mum is totally going OTT on the kids for christmas.. about 100 pounds on each of them.

how on earth am i going to match that?

theyll have one or two presents here and then a LOAD at my mums house.. hmm i wonder who theyre going to like more.

bloody pisses me off i cant afford 100pounds on each of them

My mother is spending more than that on Seth and I have the same thoughts. I really dont want him to be spoilt like my little brother is (Hes 8 andf for xmas theyve already got him a laptop, mobile phone and ipod touch).

Im going to tell me mum not to bether and to spend like £50 or something. I geuss Seth wouldn't know any better this year, but he might do next time!

Hope you manage to talk to her *hugs*

xxx

Terrie they aren't going to like your mum more :hugs:
They won't even realise who got them what as far as Rhys is concerned they are all from santa

As Jo said really...

At Christmas my little brothers are spoilt so badly that every year I go up to find their livingroom covered in wrapping paper(so bad my dad had to search through the rubbish incase they had dumped stuff) and them a room playing with one toy between the 3 of them(they are a bit older now so dunno if the 18 year old would play with the 13 and 10 year old anymore?) plus that toy is usually the one you wouldnt guess it would be. I rmember one year wen one of my brothers was about 7 or 8 he got so much but it was a 99p pack of plastic army men he played with non stop for weeks!!

So dont worry they wont like someone better than the other and will just be so excited Santa has been!

Emma.xx

we will only get Ewan a couple of presents, but then he will get a shed load from my parents and grandparents. makes me feel bad that we arent getting him loads but we just cant afford it either and we dont have the room for loads of stuff!

You could always take your gifts over to your mums also? Give them like a stocking at yours then just put them all together... but like others have said i'm pretty sure i would never have noticed who had spent more money... presents are presents :rofl:

Hun, don't try to match it. Neither of your Los ar old enough to care. Ffion will probably like the wrapping paper more than anyhing inside.

You know what....my parents spent 100s of dollars on a life-size dollhouse for my sister and I when we were younger, and we spent the first week after christmas playing in the giagantic box pretending it was a space ship :rofl:

I already told my parents 2 presents and thats it. We're having a small Christmas.

Why don't you tell your mum that you're trying to do the whole magical santa thing for the kids, and don't know how to explain why Santa has sent some presents to your mums house. That way you can get her to bring them all to yours on Xmas eve and then in the morning, pretend they're all from Santa. The kids won't know the difference between ones from you and ones from your mum.:hugs:

Why don't you tell your mum that you're trying to do the whole magical santa thing for the kids, and don't know how to explain why Santa has sent some presents to your mums house. That way you can get her to bring them all to yours on Xmas eve and then in the morning, pretend they're all from Santa. The kids won't know the difference between ones from you and ones from your mum.:hugs:

thats a good idea.. ill speak to her next week about it

yep agree with Amanda there....I always get people to bring their presents here before xmas and put them under the tree then on xmas morning its a free-for-all and the little ones wont notice who got what:)

mum just rang, one of ffions presents arrived and she cant wait to give it to her.. so i told her to bring it round now but it will still be one of her 'christmas presents' she agreed and is sending her fiance over with it now :)

no doubt she will go and buy another present to replace this one :dohh:

love the new siggy Tezzy, gorgeous baba's:cloud9:

Dont worry hun , im the same with my kids one hundred for both and my mum does the same but TBH they wont care what they get!
What Amanda said is great , maybe just a leave a few that your mum bought so she can see them open them but otherwise thats a great idea!

mum got ffion

https://homeshopping.24ace.co.uk/toys-games/indoor-toys/preschool/14/galtplaynestgym/7

You know what....my parents spent 100s of dollars on a life-size dollhouse for my sister and I when we were younger, and we spent the first week after christmas playing in the giagantic box pretending it was a space ship :rofl:

I already told my parents 2 presents and thats it. We're having a small Christmas.

My kids still like the boxes! I swear this year I will get them empty boxes for Christmas.

Honestly, Tezzy, I think they will be so caught up with the day that they won't even remember where anything came from.

cant get the bits that go over the top to go on.. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back