• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Mummies Expecting Twins...

CantWaitToTTC

Reaction score
Just for a bit of fun...did you have any strange/strong symptoms early in your pregnancy before you had your scan and found out you were having twins? Also, do twins run in your family?

My morning sickness has been horrible this time round, but not actual throwing up. My Mum is an identical twin and my Mum's Mum's Mum (mouthful) was a twin. I know the genes only count on your side...not the men's side.

I just wanted to see if you had a different experience in the first 12 weeks prior to your scan, which could have pointed out the chance of twins...I am NOT patient, and my scan isn't due until I'm 13w2d's... :wacko:

The only thing that I noticed was that the nausea kicked in pretty much from 4 weeks, rather than nearly 6 weeks like last time. Also my exhaustion levels have been loads worse this time but put that down to already having a toddler to look after! Also, really bad bloated ness and diarrhoea (sorry tmi) this time round. But I just figured every pregnancy is different and didn't think too much about it! My brothers are identical twins but that is just a chance happening rather than hereditary, so no idea where the non-identical twins comes from in my family! Xx

I started getting nausea the weekend I found out I was pregnant too - at 4 weeks (2 weeks earlier then with my son), I couldn't fit into my trousers at 4 weeks also (in maternity trousers now, but do not look pregnant, just like I've gained a size or half.

And I'm sooo tired, but I thought that was me being lazy (working and running after my son getting to me).

Now I'm getting nervous. I was telling myself it couldn't be twins as I haven't thrown up severely.

You nervous about having twins with a toddler?

Yep, shitting myself!! But am also very grateful as I thought at one point I couldn't have children as took us quite a while to conceive my son. Also, I have lots of family nearby for support, thank god! It will be hard but I'm sure we'll cope - people do all the time. She says confidently!!!! Xx

I will be stalking this thread! I am wondering if i am having twins! put on so much weight already and i so so bloated in the evenings and ms is out of control i am so tired all the time and i know i am running after a toddler but i am exhausted! xx

Im only 5 weeks gone and my partner has said from the day I told him its going to be twins (there are a few in his family... is it true it cant come from the mans gene?) whereas today my mum also said she has a hunch its twins (my mums two aunties were twins and my dads cousins are). Im not feeling anything at all, im queasy but not started being sick as of yet! xx

I started having symptoms at dpo 7-8. I needed to pee every hour, had nausea, and was exhausted. Painless diarrhea as well despite being on a BRAT diet...which scared me that I had contracted listeria, but was really just outrageous hormone levels! I chalked it up to not remembering what a normal pregnancy felt like :D since our son is 9. Hubby was one and done for 9 yrs.

Identical twins are random. I'm 34, changed my diet after my mc considerably....However, my sister did have a blighted ovum with 3 sacs (fraternal triplets) :cry: several years ago, so hmmmmm......

We saw hb's at 6w1 and my levels were 13,313.

My symptoms started as soon as I concieved! My bb's were huge and overfilling my bra, I had more cramping, more sharp stretchy round ligament pain, omg, i was so incredibly bloaty but the 1st symptom that I noticed was that my shirts were fitting too snug up against my lower belly right before I got my bfp. My symptoms were double that of what they were for my single babies. Also I've been soooo exhausted and the most troubling symptom has been being out of breath. One night I posted on here that I felt like someone was sitting on my chest. It was soooo bad. It was from having a high progesterone level which can indicate twins. I also felt like there were two in there, it was just an intuition. Twins do run in my family as I'm the 4th sister to have natural twins! My oldest sis has identical, my middle sis has fraternal, my other sis lost one twin during the pregnancy (other one just fine), and me now! Unbelievable!

I had my 1st OB check up at 5 weeks and Dr said I was measuring 10 weeks! That's when I found out there were 2 little ones inside. I can't wait to see how much they've grown on my next visit, which is 5 days!

Running mom of 3, congrats! Are yours di-di identical or fraternal? Or do they even know at this point?

<3

Congrats ladies!! :happydance: :happydance:
The idea of twins scares the crap outta me LOL :haha: It's busy enough for us with one at a time lol.

Running mom of 3, congrats! Are yours di-di identical or fraternal? Or do they even know at this point?

<3
Hi! I don't know yet. The scan tech said it was too soon to tell. That was 4 weeks ago. I will be asking this upcoming visit!

Thanks everyone!! Reading all your threads have made me think I DO NOT have twins - I have bad symptoms but no where near as severe as what you had. Twins sounds lovely, but with working (in office half the week and from home with son the other half) and having a toddler I don't think I could handle twins as well.

Me too... Mc started a couple of days before I got my first beta... I look almost 4 mos preg while I was only 2... Not throwing up often but nauseous in the evenings and ravenously hungry all day!!! I even get up at night for a snack!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"