Mummies of 12/13 month olds - is this right?

bambino156

Mummy
Reaction score
Now lo is 1 we've recieved a letter asking us to book an appointment for lo's 1st MMR and Pneumococcal booster and Hib/MenC booster. I've booked lo in for this Thursday. Problem is I was just looking through the red book and the immunisation schedule in there says at 12 months it should be the Hib/MenC and at 13 months the 1st MMR and the PCV. I'm worried now as my surgery has just made me one appt for the whole lot! Is this normal/common practice now? I'm worrying now that they're going to give them all to lo at once when they shouldn't!

We only have 1 appointment for all 3 too

My surgery wants to do the whole lot at once too. LO is going next thursday. Although we are choosing to delay the MMR so will rebook that for when she's 15 months.

Yeah my LO had only just turned 1 when she had them too (all 3 at once) x

My surgery does the same but will do them separate if you ask ;)

I guess it's not uncommon to get them all at once. If you have the chance though, you should try to delay the MMR until she's at least 15 months old as it's proven to be more effective if administered after 15 months as before then, they still have a degree of immunity from their mother that can affect its efficacy.

I guess it's not uncommon to get them all at once. If you have the chance though, you should try to delay the MMR until she's at least 15 months old as it's proven to be more effective if administered after 15 months as before then, they still have a degree of immunity from their mother that can affect its efficacy.

sorry to crash in. Do you have the link / reference to the original research paper(s) for this because I've looked and can't find anything. I keep seeing people saying it on here but can't find the actual evidence they're referring to. That would be great, thank you :thumbup:. I always thought that the maternal antibody had decayed by around 9 months see (and in many babies by around 6 months).

This is a bit OT but my friend's granddaughter is in hospital with measles at the moment, she is 12 months old. My friend is very worried about her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->