mummies of boys..please tell me this is normal

stepmum

Oliver's Mummy
Reaction score
This happened earlier on today and I am still freaked out..:haha:

I was changing LO's nappy and was wiping the area with a wet wipe and I suddenly noticed his thingie..ahem.."grew"! :blush: it was only for literally seconds but still...

Well I haven't been able to look him in the eye all day and made my OH do the rest of the nappy changes.

Please tell me this is normal, I know it's common for them to play with their bits and get a bit curious but I thought I had a while yet before we had any issues in that department.

Its totally natural and normal for baby boys to get erections so don't worry, it is nothing you've done or anything like that xx

Aww! Yes its perfectly normal! My son's bits and pieces do that at least every couple of days and hes nearly two now :) I'm not sure the reason, they can't possibly be aroused! Must just sensitive.

Totally normal! I actually found when my son was a baby that he would be erect right before he would pee. So if I lifted the diaper and saw that I would put it right back over. Otherwise I would have to change him and myself. He is now 3 1/2 and it happens all the time.

No worries Momma, just don't be surprised if it keeps happening. :)

Its totally natural and normal for baby boys to get erections so don't worry, it is nothing you've done or anything like that xx

Thank you so much for replying!! They don't tell you that bit in any of the books I've read, was so unexpected! And obviously I really couldn't bring myself to google xx

Totally normal! I actually found when my son was a baby that he would be erect right before he would pee. So if I lifted the diaper and saw that I would put it right back over. Otherwise I would have to change him and myself. He is now 3 1/2 and it happens all the time.

Oh no, was hoping it was a one-off :haha: can see OH doing a lot of the changes until I get over it:haha:

Thank you so much for replying!! They don't tell you that bit in any of the books I've read, was so unexpected! And obviously I really couldn't bring myself to google xx

I never heard of it before having my eldest but thankfully the American 'What to Expect...' books do mention it, so I was well prepared :D xx

LOL, I dont have boys, but I know it's normal. Ive seen some threads like this and my sister said her 7 month old boy has this happen. Its not what you think either, obviously. Its just kinda like a reflex or something

Very normal, Thomas get's one every time I change his nappy (well 9/10 times anyway), has done so for months.

I worked in a nursery school and this would happen sometimes when we changed the boys nappies. I was a bit like "o_O" at first but my boss explained that it happens and it's better to just accept it and move onwards in life, lol. I never did get used to the worry of bending it when I fastened up their nappy though! :haha: x

I know it's a way off yet but if, like me, you start off potty training by letting LO run around naked from the waist down then this is a good indicator that they need a wee before they actually tell you when they are busy playing .... which gives you enough time to whip the potty under them :thumbup:

I remember first seeing this when my LO was only a couple of weeks old- I'm surprised it hasn't happened with your LO before now!

Yeah they can get mini ones, Louie gets one maybe once a day. I was weirded out at first but it's totally normal and not a sexual thing at all - it's more like a reflex.xxx

Same here. I can't remember it not happening before.

Yup, I read somewhere that this happens luckily before I saw it first hand. Like the others, I've noticed he sometimes get a little... pointy... before he wees. It's nice to have an early warning system!

It gets worse!! I saw my 12. Yr olds the other day,stiff as a board... Swift exit from his shower room!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->