Mummy has a sore back !!

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by tasha41, Apr 23, 2009.

1. tasha41

tasha41 Mum & Dad + 1

How do you guys avoid getting a sore back when you're bending to change a diaper or dress your baby? Or is it unavoidable? Mine is sooo sore right now :cry:

2. mommyof3co

mommyof3co Mommy of 4 amazing boys!

I sit on the floor to change them, so I never have that problem? I did use a changing table for awhile, or the bed or something...but for me it was just easier to get on the ground with them

3. princess_bump

princess_bump Happy Wife & Mumma!

big :hugs: sweetie, hope you're back feels better soon, i have a change unit i do maddi on which is fab for saving your back :hugs: x

4. polo_princess

polo_princess ♥ Brookes Mummy ♥

Mine killed for the first few weeks ... then i just got used to it i guess :lol:

5. babymama

babymama Mom to Phoenix

My back, neck, shoulders hurt from changing and holding him all day (OH is at work long hours) My dining room table is our change station downstairs and I use my bed upstairs which is raised quite high off the floor (I need a stepstool to get on)

I think it's unavoidable, just part of the job.

6. lillysmum

lillysmum Mum of 2 cheeky monkeys

you get used to it, or develop ways to prevent it getting so sore.....oh and have loooooads of nice hot baths to help your back feel better

7. Shri

Shri Well-Known Member

Same here. I had real problems with my back. Somehow got used to it although still have some tough days. I try to be really aware of my posture to avoid the things that cause the aches.

8. claire-lou

claire-lou Jack & Martha's Mummy

Mine hurt at the beginning and I can't even tell you when it stopped I didn't realise that it had till i read this post :dohh:

I do sit on the floor to change him thou

9. MoonMuffin

MoonMuffin Mom of 2!

We have a changing table, and since I'm kind of short I don't have to bend over much when changing her. Though the struggle of changing her with all that flipping over she does (she's sooo strong!) is another story.

10. Panda_Ally

Panda_Ally Well-Known Member

I had real problems with my bck the first few weeks, went to physio 4 it and i dunno if i just got used to it or it did the trick but its ok now. Physio was hot tho :rofl:

11. navarababe

navarababe Mummy To Brooke :-)

I used to bend over the bed and do it until my back started to hurt me, then i changed. I decided id get everything ready that i will need to change nappy, change of clothes etc, and put her on changing mat on my bed and sit on bed and do it, seems much easier now and my back no longer hurts. :hugs: Hope it gets better soon x