Mummy May is getting married 7th Feb 2014 :)

I will try put a pic on when I do a proper one :) but mine are totally different lol! My tools include felt and pritt stick :D not a case of printing I'm afraid! Waiting for my Dad to come round then I'm gonna get all my crap out! Xx

See if I'd done embellishments on mine I wouldnt have known where to start. I think I took the easy way out by printing mine :lol:
Get a photo up. I'm sure they look lovely

I'm very probably going to mess one up, have a strop and give it all in! haha! Hopefully not though :) Thinking of writing on my place cards with coloured sharpies :) xx

Proper pleased with myself!! Just bought a bridesmaid dress from ebay, brand new with tags for £30 :happydance: Its just a debenhams one, not this season but from the picture it looks perfect - but if it isn't, I'm sure I could get my £30 back for it :D EEP!!!!! xx

SO! My pennies are taking a battering this week :D So far I've bought, an easel, a suitcase, our cake topper, a set of vintage pastel teacups and saucers, table numbers, a gift for the best man... I'm currently bidding on some sheet music, a card to put in a frame and I'm watching a whole lot more :rofl: Just about to go and buy some boxers for OH for the day :D xx

Wow that bridesmaid dress sounds like a right bargain!

I'm so jealous of you buying lots, I miss them days :haha: I'm now off to try and find some things to buy haha!

I 'won' the sheet music for £7 including postage, and there is LOADS! Inna stick some inside my suitcase I thinks! I need to find lots of plastic pears that won't cost a fortune so I'm going back to ebay today! Hopefully lots of parcels for me today wooooooo! Xx

I meant plastic pearls... not pears :rofl: I had if a bit if a brainwave and now my centrepieces are costing a fortune lol! So I thought of having like 3 really old books stacked on top of each other, with one of my beautiful teacups on top with colour coordinating sweets in (think apple bon bons, marshmallows etc) then a teapot beside the stack with artificial flowers in. I figure I will be able to sell all this stuff on so I don't really mind spending the money. Also with the mad libs, I'm going to print them on cream paper then roll them and tie them with string and a brown pencil and put one infront of each table setting xx

Oh my god I am so glad you mean pearls! I was like, ermm, okay, lets just ignore the fact she wants to use toy fruit :haha: That centrepiece idea sounds fab!

Hahahaha imagine peoples faces if they walked in and there was toy fruit everywhere! Xx

:rofl::rofl::rofl: pears!!!! I read that and was thinking 'huh? Have I missed something...". I am so so glad you meant pearls too :lol:

Your centrepieces sound lovely too. I looked at doing something similar but the cost put me off it. You're right in that you can sell it on again. But I've not got the dicsipline for that and would have ended up with teapots and books all over my house :rolleyes:

And I have to agree with your madlib idea too because we are doing the same thing with our favours :lol: our madlibs will be flat underneath a rolled piece of card tied with ribbon. I like your taste :thumbup:

I actually haven't spent THAT much on my centrepieces, will be about £70 by the time I'm done and I know people spend a lot more on them so I don't feel too bad hahaha! My budget is increasing as we speak! Whoopsie! Xx

That's nothing, I got quoted more than that for hiring NAPKINS yesterday :dohh:

Hahaha that's what I mean! People can spend mental money on their wedding if they want to ! Xx

Tell me about it! I was looking at a friend of a friend's wedding photos this morning and they must have spent at least 10k and all I could think was how tacky it all looked and how it would have been just as nice for 3k.

I'm not a fan of tack either lol! Some of the things people buy! Speaking of buying... I've just bought myself 8 teapots for the bargain price of £16 :D :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: LOL! I can't believe how chuffed I am about teapots. I also ordered the mirror for my table plan the other day
https://www.matalan.co.uk/homeware/...4/renaissance-style-framed-mirror-83cm-x-63cm

Hopefully will be here today! Need to order the chalk pens too :)

xx

Ohh I'm doing a mirror table plan aswell, got mine in dunelm its quite similar!
Are you writing it yourself? I practised on my living room mirror and it was driving me nuts trying to get it look nice!

Pears :haha: I reAd it and was like ooohhhh what have you got planned with pears haha!

£70 on centrepieces is fab, we chose sweets in jars to keep the cost down but I think we will end up spending about £100 on sweets alone!

Yaayyy for getting the mirror, good choice :thumbup:

I really need to have a go at writing on a mirror, I think I'm going to have to find someone to write it for us, along with the place cards as our writing is not good!

I really like my handwriting so I'm just going to do it myself :) Plus, my invites are going to be really homemade (still haven't started lol) so nobody will bat an eyelid so see I've handwritten my table plan and place cards I don't think. I'm bidding on some really old Enid Blyton books on ebay for my centrepieces, she was my favourite when I was a child and I just think it would add something fun... but lets see if I win! My lovely teapots and cups and saucers are on their way! Though I will need more teacups. Waiting on quite a few things arriving at the mo which is really annoying for me!

I've booked to go and try on dresses :D EEEEPPPPP! On 27th April at 11am and were hoping to visit another shop in the afternoon too. I wanted to make it a few weeks away so I had more of a chance to lose some of my baby weight. I am SO excited! xx

I'm jealous, my writing doesn't look good at all! My Mum has told me my Dad is good at doing calligraphy type writing so I might take him the pens and see what he can do!

:happydance: yaaayyyy for dress shopping, how exciting! Who are you going with ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->