Mummy May is getting married 7th Feb 2014 :)

God, I look like a right mong! Most of the time I'm on here I'm on my phone, hence the awful spelling :rofl:

anywayyyyyyyyy! I've done some invites and they are going to take BLOODY AGES but my god I love them! I've done 1 day, 1 night and 1 place name. I am as we speak trying to get a pic on so that you can see! And I want honest opinions girls, I don't wanna give them out if they look shit! I can take it like a man if I have to :D xx

https://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a624/MummyMay89/P1050261_zps818aa399.jpg

Wahoooo I did it! What a clever girl :rofl:
Now I KNOW they look really homemade, but thats what I love :) xx

You know what when you said they looked bad and homemade I was expecting them to actually look bad but they're lovely! They don't look homemade in a bad way, they look intentionally homemade looking if that makes sense? As the homemade trend is so in at the moment. They're lovely! I like that you've kept them simple and not overdone them. The font is cute too, did you use a stamp?

Thankyou :) Yeah I can't remember where I bought them now but I bought a whole set of stamps in that font. When I first did them I thought they needed a bit more on but I quite like that they are simple now! They grew on me a lot! xx

Definitely best as they are! Often things like worse the more you add, know what I mean? They're really cute and they go well with the tea cups I think!

Wow they look so good! I can't believe you ever thought they didn't! They look homemade but in a good way! They deffo don't need anymore, they look great as they are!

Whaaaat?? Why have you been knocking your skills so much? They look lovely!! And I agree with Emy, the simplicity works perfectly. If you added anything more they wouldn't look right :thumbup: Well done hun xx

Thankyou ladies :) I'm going to do some more tomorrow while DD is at her Dad's, I may aswell make a start! Obviously I can't start on the place cards yet, but I can stick bits of felt to them haha. I'm just wondering how to store them - I think I might put the cards in their envelopes so they don't get covered in dust. Xx

Very glad I hadn't already bought my bunting, my venue aren't allowing me to hang anything up - hadn't even thought to ask til yesterday. Also we've now decided to have welcome drinks of bucks fizz and then give out our tokens (1 free drink per guest) whilst were eating instead of wine on the tables. I will probs pop the tokens on the place settings or in my teacups or something! Got my gorgeous little pastel jugs today too, they need a wash but will look fab with some little bunches of snowdrops/daffodils/tulips or something in them. Need to order my BM flowers but will probs do that next week when DD is with her Dad and OH is back at work! Off car shopping tomorrow as our car just isn't big enough for our babies! Have a nice easter girls :) xx

Oooh that was a good thing that you held off then. I'm surprised they wont let you hang anything :wacko:

Good luck car shopping. Hope you find something :) and Happy Easter

That's so silly! Like hanging bunting could do any harm :wacko: Could you put it around the edges of tables instead?

I was thinking about putting it on tables Emy, but I won't even know what the tables are like til the room is built and they've bought them lol! So I've no idea as of yet! I can understand why they don't want us hanging things though, a lot of places are like that - I mean imagine if everyone that had a party there wanted to stick pins in their walls lol! Xx

I guess if its new they will try and keep it as perfectly new looking as long as possible!

With our bunting we're having it on the front of the top table and then around the cake table and gift table!

Hope you've had a nice Easter!

So I'm starting to feel a bit bad and I'm starting to think I should have my Dad in a suit - I still don't want given away but I would like to involve him. The problem is, if we do this then we need to get OH's stepdad one too which obviously adds up lol. I dunno! I would like to sort my buttonholes but have literally no idea what I want. Got quite a few of my invites done now, I love that none are the same - and I even love the ones that are a tad wonky! Still need to sort out my inserts for them though, don't even know where to start!! My pretty pink china is lost in the post :( the lady I bought it off kept one for herself though and she's sending it to me! Woop! Still need to go and have a ratch at the 2nd hand place for more. Xx

We're putting my dad and OHs dad in a suit but not my step dad. I feel a bit bad about that because my step dad will be the only one at the top table not in a suit. But my reasoning is that he's only been my step dad for a few years and he's not playing a part in the wedding. My dad is giving me away, and if I could say no then I wouldnt have FIL in a suit, but OH insisted. You have to draw the line somewhere. If that includes your dad or doesn't is up to you. Suits aren't necessary for them to feel/be involved :hugs:
Glad your invites are coming along. How many more have you got to do?

Oh no :( I dread things getting lost in the post. You're completely helpless. I hope she sent them recorded delivery. It's good that she's got a spare she can send you though :)

Ok, how have I not spotted this before now :dohh:

Am so disappointed for you that you won't be able to have the bunting, still not sure why, hopefully you can find a way to incorporate it if you still want to buy some.

Could oh's step dad and your dad do readings, or have they already been chosen?

Off for a proper nosey now that I'm subscribed :D

Yeah I could ask them both to do a reading couldn't I. How many readings do I get to have because I'm pretty sure OH's Auntie will want to do one aswell (and she's giving us money towards our wedding lol) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->