Mummy May is getting married 7th Feb 2014 :)

Ohh I've just had a thought, the florist were 'expected' to use is actually SIL2's best friend and will very probably tell her what we want so we may have to give her a miss. Will speak with OH tonight and see what he says. xx

Ohh yea maybe not such a good idea then! Did you OH think it was a good idea to go with her or find someone different?

Were going to see what ideas she has and tell her not to mention anything to anyone, she will be the only person that knows anything about the flowers so if it comes out then we know where form and we just won't be buying from her. But we think we will get a really good discount from her, its ridiculous the amount of money people spend on flowers! xx

That's a good idea, especially worth going with her if your saving money!

I know we went to one florist, she quoted me FROM - £800 odd she was so rude and snotty and really looked down her nose at me!

I then went to another florist and they quoted me max £300 odd, then were lovely, really down to earth and helpful I just went with them there and then!

How can 2 shops in the same town for the same type of flowers charge such a different amount of money!

Okay, so it begins!! MIL just asked if we had any ''spare places'' and could she have 3 if we have for her friends!i

:rofl::rofl::rofl: oh inlaws, aren't they amazing!!! I wish there was a planet that we could banish them all to whilst planning weddings. Haha!!

I think she just means for the night do, but thats beside the point. I do not want people I don't know at my wedding. Pfft, I think its cheeky!! xx

So OH's grandparents told us they're giving us £2500 towards our wedding :) Eep! And they're giving us half of that now! Its really exciting!! xx

Ah that's not as bad I suppose, but it's still bloomin' cheeky. I would dream of inviting my friends to my childs wedding, whether it was the whole thing or 'just' the evening :wacko:

Fantastic news about the money. That's amazing! Must take quite a weight off your mind too? I'm still waiting for someone to pipe up and offer us money. Haha. Probably shouldn't get my hopes up with just a few months left. Haha

My MIL did the same with Niamh's christening. We said yes to one of her friends since OH worked with her at one point but said no to every one else. I hope I don't turn out like that when im old!

That's great news about the money, bet that will come in handy.

Yeah we are getting money from others too, which is where it gets complicated b/c MIL has said she will give us 5k nearer the time of the wedding. So now I feel like I have to let her invite her friends - but I don't want to be cornered into something I don't want at my wedding day because she is giving us this. If I knew/ had ever seen the people then maybe but i don't know them at all. I'm really annoyed that she asked, my mother would never have asked and in my eyes you just don't ask people if you can go to their wedding xx

Aww how lovely of OHs Grandparents, that will be a weight off your mind!

:haha: Inlaws love a 'spare' place don't they haha.

I know what you mean about the giving money thing but don't give in, my parents have paid for things and so have MIL and FIL but that's meant to be a present because the want to help us not buying their way into the wedding! MIL told me at the beginning that she had invited her friend and her husband and even told me she had told them and they were excited! I point blank said no!

I'm more than happy for people to come to the evening that they would like without being silly of course, but saying that anyone they would want to invite are people we know/have met!

Yeah that's how I feel. I honestly think she has a real cheek to ask and I honestly wouldn't take her money if I thought I was going to be bullied. But its really something I'm not comfortable with - I've got more of my family coming in the evening that weren't even invited during the day because of how small our wedding will be. I just don't get why it would be okay for people I've never met to be at the wedding. I think I'm just gonna have to put my foot down :-/ xx

After stressing about it, pretty much since about half 9 this morning when she said it. We have decided the answer is no. Places are never 'spare' and we just wouldn't be happy with it xx

Good for you!
I think anyone that asks for people to come are just plain rude! We offered to both sets of parents for people to come to the evening but that was our offer and it meant a lot to them because they weren't expecting it!

Deffo stand your ground to what you and your OH want :)

Yeah I have a firm 'no' ready for when she asks again. Feeling much better :) Can't sleep so looking for cards for my invites :) xx

:haha: don't blame you!
Did you have any luck looking for the cards for your invites ?

Yeah i found some but they were a bit small, been researching card quality so atleast i now know what I'm looking for!! The practice ones i bought to try out were good for evening invites so just going to order some more of those for that but they were a bit small for daytime invites. OH said we just won't mention MIL's friends again to her and hopefully she will just get the hint (since she said to let her know)... but I'm worrying a bit now because the other day she asked if we wanted her to come to our house and babysit so we could go out and we tried to blow her off (but defo didn't say yes!) and last night she said that we had told her we were booking somewhere :/ NOT HAPPENING!! But proves she doesn't listen to anything we say! Growl! She makes me very angry atm! xx

Hey
your wedding sounds so perfect! Love your little token idea too.
Tell you know feb 2014 be here in a flash! Seems so surreal i was only booking my venue 13 months ago. xx

Just about to order the stamps for my invites - they are old typewriter font and I just love them :)

https://www.stampingallday.co.uk/st...-font-Wedding-Invitation-stamps-set-of-9.html

There are loads of cool stamps on there if anyone else is making their own invites!
Also found some pale pink and pale green paper straws which I am loving so I may have to slyly pop those into my basket too :D

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->