Mummy May is getting married 7th Feb 2014 :)

Yea I wouldn't mention anything to MIL cause I'm sure she'll bring it up herself again!

Love that stamp, I'm off to have a look round the website now :haha:

Yeah I'm just worried that she will already tell her friends that they can come. Its done nothing but stress me out tbh. But I will leave it til I've done my invites I think, then say sorry but you can't invite your friends. I mean we haven't even invited extended family never mind people we don't even know! Its still makes me angry because she asked if there were ''spare places could she have them for her 3 friends'' - why would you ask anyone that ever?!?! Just NO! Look, now you've set me off again :rofl:

I do have another dilemma though... I found a dress!! And I really think it is THE dress. My problem is, you can only buy them online and its a calf length dress. I've never even been dress shopping so don't know whether I would prefer a long dress but this one is SO me, sent my mother a link and she said I have to buy it lol! Andddd its only £350 :D I e-mailed them yesterday for some advice and they said maybe to lose some baby weight before ordering, but then they can't guarantee they will have my size by the time I come to buying it so I just don't know. If this baby would hurry up and be born I could atleast find out what kind of dress I want!!! xxx

I love that website. That's where I got my stamps from. Don't forget to buy an acrylic block to mount them onto :thumbup:

Oooh I don't know what to say about the dress. I deffo think you should go dress shopping but if you feel this dress is THE dress then maybe just go for it? But will you know what size is best to go for? Tricky one

Yeah i would get a size 14, I'm a 16 now but I always come back to a 14 - I have once been a bit smaller but didn't last long! And if I did get smaller I could have it adjusted. Its a tough call!

Yeah I've already got my stamps and block on the way woop! xx

And I've found THE bridesmaid dress! And its only £30 :happydance: and she loves it too!! xxx

So, that was quick! We have ordered the bridesmaid dress

https://www.viva-la-rosa.com/vintag...lka-dot-summer-swing-dress-uk-8-18-3356-p.asp

I am in love with it. This does put the short dress out for me, but I love this so much I don't even care. Eeeep! Excited!!
:happydance: xx

Haha I have to listened to someone else rant about family, makes me feel more normal :haha:

That bridesmaid dress is gorgeous and I really can't get over its £30, that is amazing!

With the wedding dress though I think your best off holding out and going and trying some on because lots of People have an idea in their heads what they want or what will suit them and they find than when they go dress shopping they end up falling in love with something different!

I couldn't have the dress now anyway, its too similar to my bm dress. Just gonna hold out! Yeah £30 bargain!! You don't get the underskirt with it but were not going to buy that yet and I can either buy one for £30 or get mother to make one! Either way, still a cheap dress :D
It must have spurred me on because i've just ordered all the cards for my invites plus place cards. Stamps arrived this morning but I need to buy ink for them before I can test them.
xx

Still a fab Price even having to buy the underskirt! Looks so much more expensive too!
Your well on your way, I thought I was prepared at the beginning but you are more than organised!

This is just what i'm like lol! If I'm given something to plan, I just go full storm ahead... even if it is a year away :rofl:
To be fair, I sent BM thhe picture of the dress and she text me right away telling me to buy it - so I did have to really ;)

p.s Lauren hurry up and have your baby then it will be time for me to have mine!!

Can't remember if I mentioned the outcome of the cars! We went to see the beauford in a fashion... we drove down and there were loads of people outside their shop, and they had 4 of their other cars up the road so we looked at those and they looked a bit tatty and OH said that the VW splitscreen was worth the extra £100! Were still going to look before we book it, but we will be having that one :) eep!

Also found the guest book that i want! Matches our wedding car haha
https://www.bunnydelicious.com/wedding-guest-books.html

so its obviously the vw one :) I love it! And so does OH so think I may get that too :) xx

I think it's better to do as much as you can anyway, saves you rushing and worrying nearer the time!
You couldn't miss out on that dress, it's gorgeous!

Ahh I wish this baby would hurry up too, I just wanna know if I get to look for a little dress or a little suit haha! Do you know if your having a boy or girl ?

When is it you go to look at the VW again ?

Love the guest book and love how it matches the car, fab idea :)

Nope were team yellow too! So no idea :) I've just been to the midwife and baby is 2/5 so I'm very pleased considering a lot of 2nd babies don't engage til labour!
Going to look at the VW a week on Sunday because the people are away. We do want it though :) xx

Do know you what you've just made me feel so much better! I never knew they say a lot of second babies don't engage until labour, at 38 weeks I was 2/5 engaged and then when I went to my 40 week appointment I was still 2/5 so it made me think I'm never gonna get there!

I hope it's as good as it looks in the pictures :)

Not long until its a year to go :happydance:

Bridesmaid dress arrived this morning - colour not even nearly similar to the picture online, its a lot darker adn tbh feels very cheap! I know it was only £30 but you can get better quality dresses in New Look. Quite disheartened :( xx

Ohh no really :( how gutting!
Are you going to keep it or send it back ?

Its going back. Its the colour of like garden peas lol! Not even nearly the right colour, it will only cost me £3.15 to send back and I would rather have my £30 back. I found another dress but its £150 and I've told my BM I don't want to spend that on her dress because then I couldn't buy her shoes... and she said she could contribute. But i still don't think I want to spend that much - I know its a pretty average amount but when the boys suits have only cost £76 (or something) each then i don't wanna do it! Back to the drawing board :) xx

Yea deffo not worth keeping if your not happy with it!
I had this problem with bridesmaid dresses, I only wanted to get ones off eBay for like £30/£40, my cousin had used someone and they were gorgeous but when I looked they didn't do the shade of pink I wanted, I them fell in love with ones from the shop I got my wedding dress from and they were £180 EACH!!! But I just had to have them, they have me one for free so worked out at about £135 a dress in the end! 3 of mine offered to pay for their own without me asking so I let them!

If your bridesmaids offered to help I'd let her, even if its just her shoes or something :)

Yeah I probably should, but we will see :) Will keep hunting for now! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"