Mummy May is getting married 7th Feb 2014 :)

We got ours from Ernest Jones and we didn't bother asking for discount because we thought they are more of a shop!
I think you'd get a discount from a smaller jewellery shop or something like that!

Ooh hello Lauren :) I'm still here with my baby in my tummy lol! I'm on the hunt for bridesmaid dress again, need to go round the shops really! xx

Aww not long left for you now though, how far along were you when you had your LO ?
Have you found any bridesmaid dresses you like ?

I was 39+4 when I had her, I will probs go overdue this time just because I'm fed up lol! Have found one dress I really like but its the wrong colour and its £150 which I don't really want to spend. But i haven't been to look in any actual shops yet, I've just been browsing online. Plus I might be better waiting until places have their new summer stock in. Going to see the car today EEP! And I can pay by cheque if we want it, which is fab! Got a £250 engagement pressie yesterday from OH's auntie, and she said she is giving us £1500 as a wedding gift, but if we need it early for the wedding then just to ask! Yeyy!! xx

Okay, booked the car :D OHHHH MYYYYY its totally fab! And we both love it :) I said to OH, ''what do you think then'' and he just said ''yep'' lol! Everything is coming together now :) xx

Yay for having the car booked. Is that the camper?

There is nothing wrong with browsing online at dresses you like. Just remember to keep an open mind when actually trying some on. Ask to try on as many different styles as you can :thumbup:

And yay for more money too. At this rate you won't need to put any of your own money in :lol: x

No Aly, thats the bridesmaid dress I was talking about to Lauren. I know what style I want her to wear but I can't find one anywhere at a reasonable price (to me). I still can't go dress shopping as baby is still living in my tummy!

But yeah its that car :D amaaazziinnngggg!! xx

So still no sign of baby (due Saturday!) but I hadn't really done anything for a little while since I couldn't find a bm dress. Today I've got back on it, ordered some more felt for my invites/place cards, bought a couple of ink pads for my invites (got gold and silver as I couldn't decide) and I got some beautiful hanging hearts from Dunelm
https://www.dunelm-mill.com/shop/hanging-heart-with-rose-and-bead-trim-287839
those are to go on the back side of my suitcase (for cards... which I don't have yet!).

Popped into Samuels yesterday and the wedding ring I like is only £179 which I was impressed with - expected to pay atleast double that. But not ordering anything til me and OH can go in together and pick them :)

Still looking at the bunting and have e-mailed the cheap ebay lady to see if she can make some in my colours, if not then I will buy the stuff she already has on there - seriously can't go wrong for 40 feet for £8.50 delivered!!

I was going to make the table confetti from old sheet music, but I'm thinking maybe I would like to make it from books from my favourite author, I already have about 8 duplicates of his books and could pick some more up at the charity shops if I decided not to part with my own. I love reading and always have a good book in my hand :D

Can't decide what to write on my place cards with, had the idea of using coloured Sharpie markers but don't want it to look too tatty so maybe just go with plain old gold or silver - though I don't really like that idea either. I like the idea of them all being in my handwriting, I think it would be more personal (and to my taste obviously!)

xx

Just ordered out guest book :D Was another splurge but OH had his heart set on it. It cost £40 from Bunny delicious :) xx

Ahh baby needs to hurry up!

Wow your wedding ring sounds like a bargain!

Love the idea of the table confetti, makes it really personal :)

I'm struggling with what to use to write mine with too (and the invites) I want them to look good and both of us don't have the best writing!

:happydance: yaaayyy for the guest book, is it the one you put the link to before ?

Yes probably lol! Its got a camper on the front of it (to match our wedding car lol!)

Ordering RSVP's from the girl who did my save the dates, she is doing them on cream card and using the same bird stamp so they do all tie in, even though my handmade invites will be a bunting fest :D I couldn't be bothered to fanny on with those aswell - those if I change my mind it won't matter too much as RSVP's are less than a tenner!

A man got back to me about a disco/dj yesterday and quoted £200 which I honestly don't think is bad at all! What is anyone else paying for theirs? He also said if I get a list of songs I want played, that wouldn't be a problem for him, and from what i can gather he will have to drive 30 odd miles to get to my venue :)

I think that is all for now... xx

I'm paying £210. £190 for 6 hours and then for £20 extra he does an hour of children's entertainment with balloon animals, treasure hunts with prises etc.

Yea that was the one :)

If I remember correctly I think our DJ is costing £275! I was also expecting to pay a lot more!

Ohh no I wouldn't pay anymore than you have Lauren, but obviously prices vary depending on where you live.

Just realised I've misplaced the boys favours :/ I've no idea how since everything was together, just glad they only cost a couple of pounds incase they never reappear!!

Been with OH and bought our wedding rings this morning, were very lucky and they had our sizes in the store so we got to bring them away with us today :) Very pleased with the price we paid for them, and we got 10% discount so it was all good - about £200 less than I expected to be paying. And I wanted to have them as that was one of the biggest chunks of money we would have to pay at once. Chuffed with myself!!

A little hanging sign arrived today that I had forgotten I had ordered, its an east of India one and says 'all you need is love' on it - sure I will find somewhere to hang it :D

xx

Im telling lies, its £160 for our DJ. Normal price is £120 for 7-12 then an extra £20 for starting a 6 and then another £20 for the children's entertainment.

Oooo what rings did you both go for?

They're just plain bands both of them, mine is palladium the same as my engagement ring because apparently if you have 2 diff types of silver metal rings they rub against each other and eventually mark! OH got one made from a really hard metal, tungsten I think, because he's a builder so it won't get destroyed. He loves it bless him lol! Xx

Yay for wedding rings.

We aren't having a DJ so I have no idea what prices are like. But if it's less than you were expecting then that's a huge bonus.

Has the bunting lady replied yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->