mummys to 8month olds...

bathbabe

Mum to 3 boys
Reaction score
Does your baby clap???

Harrison doesnt clap, but he has just started to bang on stuff if you bang on it first, like his play tray and the floor.

Its bugged me since I watched eastenders ages ago and Stacy said that Lilly had been clapping for a few weeks..... and she was ment to be about 6months.. :blush: lol

xxx

Gabriel bangs on things with his hand but we're closing in on 11 months and he still doesn't clap.

She'll high 5 me if I clap my hands lol but hasn't attempted to clap her own hands yet.

Omar started clapping at 11 months. He waved bye & come before clapping.

I go to a group with another mummy whos baby is the same age as Owen.Owen can crawl,stand,wave etc but the other little boy can clap and it really bugs me lol so im trying to teach him :blush:

Summer's been clapping since about 6.5 months. Probably only because EVERY time she seen my dad he'd continuously sing ''Clap a clap handies!''

xx

Ruby started clapping at around 7.5mths and doesn't stop now, she's only just started waving though and doesn't point to things yet xx

nope, he bangs on the table but no clapping or waving or pointing
x

No clapping on her own yet

but she bangs things/claps her hand on my hand & points to things xx

Ollievstarted clappin about 8 months but that and waving a had to actually teach where as with sitting crawling etc hes just done them xx

My LO started clapping at about 7 months maybe a little earlier, she claps at everything now :haha:

Im pretty sure that what you focus on showing them comes quickest. My LO doesnt clap, but he does kiss cos I often ask for a kiss straight after Ive kissed him xx (now kiss me ha ha)

Mine clapped, pointed and waved, but only all three towards the end of 8 months. They're a quick learner though and almost walking unaided.

She started before Xmas I think so about 61/2 months. my mum was obsessed with teaching her though.

Mine clapped, pointed and waved, but only all three towards the end of 8 months. They're a quick learner though and almost walking unaided.

Your posts intrigue me, I have to be honest. The way you use 'they' rather than he/she always reminds me of that Swedish family who keep their child's gender secret!

William has only learnt in the last few days and he is nearly ten months old. He learnt to clap and wave within about a day of each other. He always seems to hit milestones in bunches like that. He started babbling, then said Dada two days later. He also pulled himself up within a week of learning how to crawl.

I think it is just learning style, like adults each child has their own and learns in their own time and in their own way.

Your posts intrigue me, I have to be honest. The way you use 'they' rather than he/she always reminds me of that Swedish family who keep their child's gender secret!

Lol...its no secret. I don't always refer to her as they, but for some reason when I'm typing online I do tend to use they a lot instead of her. It seems more fitting somehow when talking to people who don't know her, so its kind of less personal.

Katerina started clapping at about 8 months and now she claps at everything!!! lol

Harrison is 9 months tomorrow and doesn't clap, but bangs on things. He does wave bye-bye though
xx

no clapping here hun. She kind of points and is constantly banging on things, she has waved at other people but not at me... Im like "give mummy a wave!" and she just ignores me, to anyone else though she does it to flirt! lol.. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->