Mums - did you rate labour TENS machine?

i used a normal tens machine i had it on number 2 or 3 all the time then every time i had a contractions my sister turned it up to the highest number worked a treat for me

I used one for a while during my labour and to be honest i found it totally useless, i had Vinnie at bath hospital and they had tens machines there so im glad i didnt buy or hire one.

Carly

Yes!!! Got me through 2 nights of re-occuring early stage labour and then on the third night got me as far as 7cm before I even had the G and A.
Think I got it if Tensmachineonline.com

i had back contractions and it took 4 days for me to get into established labour, before that i was having regular back contractions which were so painful. my tens was a life saver, i think it worked for me because it would pulse straight through the contractions. on day 4 when the contractions were intense it made it worse not better, but def helped before then.

I hired an Elle tens. It did nothing for me though. It might be because LO was back to back, but I couldn't get it above the first setting. I had it on for hours, and it still hurt loads when I turned it up. I gave up in the end.

I hated mine, it annoyed me and it was like getting pins and needles, It didnt block the pain for me, the paracetamols did that :D

Borrowed from one my hospital physio dept for free.

Was ok for about ten minutes when I was at about 4/5cm but quickly became annoying.

I absolutely loved my tens machine, i had back labour and was in labour for 3 days and it was the worst pain ive ever felt in my life but it really helped me. I honestly dont think i wouldve coped without it.

It was FANTASTIC. It was the only thing I needed for my 9lb delivery. I know different things work for different people, but I was dreading labour - I am a wuss with pain or so I thought, but the tens was brilliant, I used the babycare elle one. My labour started at 9pm ish and I popped it on, when to the hospital at 10.30 ish and was already 8cm dilated, then used it all the way through to the end at about 2.20! It was a great distraction and really helped. I didn't even turn it up full whack as was waiting - till it got really painful lol.
Get one!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"