Mums of one

PeanutBean

Mumma to B & I
Reaction score
Do you feel more or less confident about TTC next time? I wasn't worried about my fertility or anything about TTC, never charted or did any of these things I've since read about on here. But this time I feel so wrecked after Byron that I keep having bouts of real fear that there I am so damaged from the birth that we'll have problems TTC next summer.

:hugs: hun.

I'm not giving myself any expectations of TTC. I'm going to hope it takes about a year, anything earlier than that is a huge bonus. The only thing I'm worried about is we need to have a genetic test done first.

Are you going to make an appointment with your GP before you TTC next year? I'm sure everything will be fine.

Why will you need a genetic test? Sorry if I've missed a story somewhere. Did it take long for you to conceive Niamh? We were only 3 months with Byron so that was good.

I doubt I'll make an appointment with the GP. We don't have a woman so I don't really see doctors about the personal stuff. I was beginning to feel anxious it could be prolapse and needed a smear anyway so saw the nurse and she thought everything looked ok. I'll not be due another smear for yonks now so unless there is anything feeling really really wrong we'll just go ahead TTC. I've started taking Spatone again this week and I think I already feel a little less tired.

yes and no. it took 9months to concieve maddi, which is amazinly considering my pcos, so in some ways i feel really positive about it all. i feel armed with so much more knowledge now than i did, and i'm really getting to no my body since giving birth, where as before i came off the pill and jumped straight in ttc, but this time, i shall have been off the pill about 14months before we start ttc.
however, on the other hand i wonder if it will ever happen for us again, my pcos has got worse since having mads and i worry if we will ever actually have another one :( all we can do is give it a year and keep in touch with my gyne.

:hugs: I feel that way too. We've been NTNP since July and nothings happened so I'm worried that when we start trying in a couple months (temping/OPK tests) nothing is still going to happen. I think most women worry whether they will be able to conceive or not.

:hugs: princess_bump. I can see why you would be feeling both sides of that particular coin! I hope it works out for you. I'm the opposite with the knowing my own body, I'd not been on the pill for about 7 years so I totally understood myself but now I feel like I'm in someone else's body, it's like been in puberty again!

I worry more now yeah. Although BnB is such a great place, it's also a real eye opener. Before joining I was sooooo niave but now I know a hell of a lot more...!!

In a way, ignorance is bliss when it comes to these kinda things.

Why will you need a genetic test? Sorry if I've missed a story somewhere. Did it take long for you to conceive Niamh? We were only 3 months with Byron so that was good.

I doubt I'll make an appointment with the GP. We don't have a woman so I don't really see doctors about the personal stuff. I was beginning to feel anxious it could be prolapse and needed a smear anyway so saw the nurse and she thought everything looked ok. I'll not be due another smear for yonks now so unless there is anything feeling really really wrong we'll just go ahead TTC. I've started taking Spatone again this week and I think I already feel a little less tired.

Niamh was a happy accident, so I don't have any indication to how long it might take to TTC.

She's also a carrier for cystic fibrosis, and failed her newborn blood screening. So OH and I need to be tested as it means one, or both of us are. It's very straightforward, but if we turn out to both be carriers then we won't be TTC. Too risky IMO.

That's rubbish you don't have a woman GP :( At least the nurse said everything looks ok though, that's a good sign. Fingers crossed that when you do TTC you get your BFP very quickly :)

Im not sure how i feel about it tbh given the time it too to concieve Brooke .. but i DID and CAN get pregnant so ... well i dont know lol, im just babbling now :lol:

I think I'm much more calm about it this time, purely cause I know I can do it! I had read and pepared so much last time it all became a little pressured and overwhelming, I'm glad it only took 4 months and second bean caught. This time I'm much more like everyone says you are with a second...taking all the advice with a pinch of salt etc and just taking it as it comes being too busy looking after the first! All that said and done, after 3 months next time I'll probably have worries of secondary infertility or whatever it's called!!!

Oh I didn't know that about Niamh. I guess that makes sense then and I hope you get some good genetic results. Will you think about adopting maybe if you choose not to TTC?

lol Faille, ignorance is indeed bliss, that's why I never went in for the googling everything! The downside to the forum is all the neuroses being made public and rocking one's own mental boat!

Oh God, what's secondary infertility?! :rofl:

I'm obviously the odd one out worrying the second time around then!

Oh God, what's secondary infertility?! :rofl:

I'm obviously the odd one out worrying the second time around then!

Lmao, exactly what I mean!
We learn something new every day to make us worry even more :lol: :dohh:

:hugs: thank you PB - so kind of you :hugs: i can totally understand your worries and concerns, i started using fertility friend a few months ago and have found it really good with helping me track my cycle no i'm off the pill. maybe you could start charting and getting used to your body (if you see what i mean?) off the pill a couple of months prior to ttc. we're currently using good old 'party hats' which are a bit of a pain, but its been good to see whats going on with everything, and i feel we're much more ready for ttc this time round. last time (and i had been told) it would probably never happen, this time i suppose i think it has happened before, if that makes sense xx

lol noooo your not the odd one out - i worry about second infertility all the time :dohh: it's fertility problems after you've had a baby - i've even had the conversation with my mother about carrying a child for me if i can :blush: she had already assured me that she would of if, as it was thought, i couldn't have children. she would, but she said she's hiding away for the pregnancy!

I think I made up the name...:blush:but what I meant is I've heard of people falling pregnant easily with number 1 and then taking years to fall with number2 and the docs have no explanation for it...much like most infertility!!!:dohh:

Oh I didn't know that about Niamh. I guess that makes sense then and I hope you get some good genetic results. Will you think about adopting maybe if you choose not to TTC?

lol Faille, ignorance is indeed bliss, that's why I never went in for the googling everything! The downside to the forum is all the neuroses being made public and rocking one's own mental boat!

Yes, we've always planned to adopt in the future it would just happen much sooner if we turn out to both be carriers. 30% chance of having a child with CF is too high for me, and we couldn't afford the selective IVF treatment.

I know what you mean about knowing too much though :dohh: Its helpful in some ways, but also means more to worry about!

I've read articles in my pregnancy magazines about secondary infertility, it really freaks me out. Reading things like that always plants the seed doubt in my head.

I think I am more worried, I have PCOS and before TTC my son I charted on fertilty friend because my cycle was so erratic and I wanted to et to know my body a bit more, I got pregnant on my first cycle trying which was amazing as I had previously been told i would most likely need fertility treatment. I also had a previous m/c but with that pregnancy it was an oopsy....

I worry that this is it for me, I worry because I got pregnant very quickly before I have it in my head that it will be quick again, I am trying to get myself into thinking that it may take awhile. I am 36 a few months after i start to try and I worry that this might be it for me, I have decided that after 37-38 i dont think we will go for it.

I worry that my little boy will be an only child as he might have been my miracle baby. I love him so much but I would love to have a 2nd child.

Anyway in regards to your original post I would say I am more stressed out this time.

Tabs was an amazing 'accident' so i'm kinda worried about it as my family has a history of finding it hard, but then his family all get preggers first go?? So i'm not sure maybe it will balance out but i'm thinking 6m-1yr and i'd be over the moon. Although now i'm here i bet i will be gutted every time and it will kill me... Also i wonder about how much i've wrecked myself i've only had 2 cycles since having her (nearly 14m ago) so thats a worry :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->