mums of two children, who also work late nights

Clucky as

Reaction score
Just after some advice really. Im not the most organised person, i also work 4 nights a week fonishing late and all day on a sunday. Im pregnant with my second child and need to get organised. I will also be returning to work some nights after i take leave. How can i get more organized how do u cope sleep wise etc?. Not whinging just anxious on how i can juggle thanks

Hi, I think what kind of advice/help you receive depends a bit on where you live. Are you in the US? In that case things suck a lot, no actual maternity leave (and no job security if you leave your job for more than a few weeks after having a baby) makes that situation very difficult. I've had my kids in other countries where there is paid leave, for substantial amounts of time, so never had that issue while with a newborn.

Are you a single parent? If not, can your partner take on some of the workload? I think that's the way to go.
Do you have family nearby who can help you out as well?

I know some couples who do it this way: dad works days, mom works (some) nights. Weekends I think the mom works evenings as well while dad stays home.

Hope you can find a solution that works xo

Thank u. Yeah i work nights he works days. He does help but is getting promoted ao will be traveling. Im in Australia and have been saving holidays up and have leave. Just the logistics of running a house. Routine will have to be made haha

Hi I used to work evening. Dh would come home 10 mins later I'd leave. I'd make the majority of an evening meal for the kids & Dh to have. He'd just have to finish off by making pasta or anything else that needed to be done last minute. I'd take my dinner to work with me. My & oh had to communicate well through this time esp if potty training or squiffy napping was going on. I'd often write a note for him to fill him in. The difficulty kicks when they start school & need to sit & do reading & homework in the evening Dh was always worn out after a full day at work & crazy evenings on his own with the kids. But we had to do it. Luckily I left work last year as Dh got promoted & he wouldn't be getting home on time to be with the kids.

You are right organisation is the key as is communication. I used to view my day as upside down. House stuff that would normally be done in the evening needed to be done on the day in order to keep on top of everything. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"