Mums what do you think of this ?

Oopss I didn't mean to spark a debate here just saw the picture on facebook so wanted to share with others personally I don't like make up on babies but this one seems to be photoshopped

I'm sure the pics a joke, with the little towel round her head like she's getting ready for a night out :p

I think this is going to end in thread closure because of a flame war :p

The pic, I am sure is fake, the faces my LO pulls in a minute, that lip gloss would be anywhere but on his lips, and the towel would be off of his head in seconds. Too picture perfect, too symmetrical, sure its fake.

If its real, then each to their own, but a no friggin way in hell for me :)

My mind is still shouting that it's been photoshopped. How do you get a baby that young to sit still enough, the makeup looks flawless.

Have you seen toddlers and tiaras... Believe me it's possible..!

Anyway, it's quite sickening. Makes you wonder what kind of website it's going to end up on.

No I haven't. I assumed it was the op's littlen, which is why I wondered how she got a 6 month old to sit that still.

They have 2+ yr olds with hair extensions and false nails spray tans ect. I understand it's a way of life for some people in the US but it horrifys me how much they make up babies for the judges benefit.

It really isn't. It's a glorified TV show and in no way reflects the reality of the vast majority of the population (ie. 99.9999999%)

Thanks for clearing this up...not all American's are this way at all and it is NOT a way of life for people in the U.S.
Oh and by the way....I find this picture disturbing...talk about making girls have a complex at a young age:nope:

I don't like it :nope: but I also don't think it's real!

My mind is still shouting that it's been photoshopped. How do you get a baby that young to sit still enough, the makeup looks flawless.

Have you seen toddlers and tiaras... Believe me it's possible..!

Anyway, it's quite sickening. Makes you wonder what kind of website it's going to end up on.

No I haven't. I assumed it was the op's littlen, which is why I wondered how she got a 6 month old to sit that still.

They have 2+ yr olds with hair extensions and false nails spray tans ect. I understand it's a way of life for some people in the US but it horrifys me how much they make up babies for the judges benefit.

It really isn't. It's a glorified TV show and in no way reflects the reality of the vast majority of the population (ie. 99.9999999%)

Thanks for clearing this up...not all American's are this way at all and it is NOT a way of life for people in the U.S.
Oh and by the way....I find this picture disturbing...talk about making girls have a complex at a young age:nope:
If you re read my post I said SOME!!!

I was kind of trying not to offend any US ladies who may have girlies in the pagent contests.... The mums I see on this programme do come across as a little mental, we don't have these pagents here in Britain or not that I'm aware!
And in this particular one I've seen it is a way of life for them.. They forgo family holidays to buy the ridiculous dresses they're wearing!!
I'm only commenting on the programmes I've seen..!

^^ I agree that it certainly is to some people !!
If you watch toddlers and tiaras, some parents live for their kids to go do pageants at whatever age.
They dress their daughters up like princesses with their fake teeth, fake tan, fake hair, fake eyelashes, make up.. it's disgusting.
And to top it off, after the child has done the pageant the parent (mother) will half the time be pissed at the kid for "messing up" their routine dance.
Oh yeah they also give them lots of candy to get through the day, to make them stay nice and hyper.

haha lettuce the beer in that pictures is tennents.......would have to be a bloody Scottish baby wouldn't it hehehe

*national pride takes a hit*

I find it a bit ironic that people are bashing the baby in makeup but have not said really anything about the picture of a baby with a cigarette in their mouth holding a beer :shrug:

But, I think this picture is photoshopped as well.

Doesn't bother me, because it's not my baby.

Also it's "couldn't care less" not "could care less".

I'm not a fan of make up on babies, I don't think it's necessary. That being said, I don't get bent out of shape over it either. It's not my child. I don't see the harm in letting toddlers play with a bit of make up every now and then, my neice loves to get in my mums make up.....but then, where I have a problem is when the parents force the kids to do it and then enter them in pageants.

That has to be photo shopped, I can't even do my makeup that well :haha:

Not for me. Babies skin is far too sensitive and I'd imagine getting it on and off wouldn't be much fun.

I think its wrong that a 7 year should look like that let alone a baby!!!!!

Doesn't bother me, because it's not my baby.

Also it's "couldn't care less" not "could care less".

Thanks for the language lecture, maybe I should go back to school :coffee: God forbid someone makes a typo or misuses a phrase on here without a lesson... :roll:

Oh no, not digs on language and grammar. Yes, a lot of people on here have truly awful spelling and punctuation, but a lot of people are also typing one handed on their mobiles!

Oh no, not digs on language and grammar. Yes, a lot of people on here have truly awful spelling and punctuation, but a lot of people are also typing one handed on their mobiles!

I'd like to think I'm not a complete idiot when it comes to grammar and punctuation (I have a degree in Teaching English as a Second Language), I guess my major pet peeve is when others dig on people or correct them for spelling/grammar. Nothing pisses me off more than entire threads created to knock on people's spelling. If anyone here can write without a single error or misuse of a word in their life, I would love to know about it.

I wouldn't even write comments in that manner on a student's paper let alone a random stranger who didn't ask for input!

If an ESL teacher isn't even allowed to goof up here & there.... what hope does anyone else have?? :rofl: God help those who are typing one-handed, dyslexic, ESL, or just don't feel like paying attention to spelling and grammar :nope:

Frankly, when it comes to spelling/grammar, I could care less :lol: Sorry Minties, I couldn't resist.

I'd like to think I'm not a complete idiot when it comes to grammar and punctuation (I have a degree in Teaching English as a Second Language), I guess my major pet peeve is when others dig on people or correct them for spelling/grammar. Nothing pisses me off more than entire threads created to knock on people's spelling. If anyone here can write without a single error or misuse of a word in their life, I would love to know about it.

I wouldn't even write comments in that manner on a student's paper let alone a random stranger who didn't ask for input!

If an ESL teacher isn't even allowed to goof up here & there.... what hope does anyone else have?? :rofl: God help those who are typing one-handed, dyslexic, ESL, or just don't feel like paying attention to spelling and grammar :nope:

Hehe, exactly!

Although, whilst on the topic, the only few sentences which irk me is when people say "was you" instead of "WERE you" or say "I should OF" instead of "I should HAVE"

That is all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->