Mums who have stopped breastfeeding after one year - when and why did you stop?

musicluvva

Reaction score
I had always hoped to stop bf my son when he stopped wanting milk (was thinking at 2 years as I really wanted him to have the immune system support especially through this winter 2013/14 to come). At the moment he's nearly a year and 4 months, and I just give him morning feeds. For the past couple of mornings, he's latched but not really got much out (sucks about 15 seconds then comes off). I'm nearly 7 weeks pregnant so it may be relevant, but I'd noticed that since we went to morning only feeds (at one year) he was getting less and less out (and usually only wants the one side). I would stop, but he seems to still want the milk. Anyone else had any similar experiences?

Thanks

I put him on again this morning and nothing came out :(

Have I dried up?

Not sure seems strange that you would suddenly dry up if he is nursing everyday still. Maybe something to do with the pregnancy hormones?? I fed my second for 2&1/2 years didn't dry up until he stopped but never used to get full feeling boobs once he was older and feeding x

I just stopped BF, and it was sooner and faster than I expected. We were still going strong at 12 months with the end nowhere in sight. I began the weaning process, and she took to it right away and it just ended. I'm ok with it personally. 1 year is a great length of time.

Being pregnant can affect your supply, if you really want to continue, you might want to start a thread asking for help from ladies who manage to continue feeding through their pregnancy. There are some difficulties though, you might get aversions, your nipples might get more sensitive, it's best if you know what to come so you won't get worried by the symptoms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->