• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Mums with babies who have just started crawling or are about to!

x-Rainbow-x

Mum to Phoebe, Alex n Ben
Reaction score
Alex is 8 month old tomorrow :happydance:

and is starting to show signs of wanting to crawl but we have laminate flooring.

we have a rug in the middle of the room but when he was learning to sit he would topple over and find the only bit of floor i didnt manage to put pillows around:dohh: and hit his head

he has a sit me up cosy which he tries to climb out of

when hes on our bed in the morning he gets in the position to crawl, will stay there for a while then topples over

so my question is , is there anyway i can i encourage him to crawl while minimising him bashing his head off the floor??

we are getting carpet in the new year hopefully !

:hug:

just leave his bottom half naked, so he can grip the floor if that's what you mean?

or banging head on floor uhm, don't suppose there is a great deal you can do...maybe an old duvet on the floor downstairs?

yeah i agree do u have a large blanket ? also lily moves further when she as no clothes on lol

Joseph crawled for the first time on Saturday and their hasn't been much head bumping.

He's eight and a half months old now and he's been showing signs of wanting to crawl for a few weeks.

The first crawl was just a little shuffle, he hardly moved but it was a crawl and he was shaky. Then by the next day he was really getting about and now there's no stopping him.

He is a lot better with his legs bare but I do leave his socks on to keep his feet warm.

I think the idea of the old duvet is a good one. Failing that you could always try to tape bubble wrap to the laminate until the new carpet arrives :winkwink:

Thanks girls! will try the duvet, i put a fleece blanket down today whiile he was sitting, he sat for about 20 mins before bashing his head, he cried for a few seconds then was ok, will try the duvet tomorrow!

just dont want bruises for his first xmas photos!! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"