Mums with horses...

Barefoot baby

Reaction score
Recomendations for baby at the yard please.

He's nearly 6 months and can sit unaided (but needs cusioning in the event of a fall) but he hates sitting in his pram for long so need alternative places to put him while I do stable duties!

My dad has given me some foam mats to put down on the floor to put whatever I put baby in on. I've got one of those blow up nests which I thought I could fill with warm fleeces in the bottom?

What do you do with baby when looking after your horses?

Thanks! X

I don't own horses but on occassions have helped my mum with hers. I have taken DS there many times while I have helped her and I keep him in the pram but make sure I have loads of his favourite toys with us.

Not much advice but didn't want to R&R

I might get crucified but we used to use the moby wrap with my sisters baba, i dont have my cuddies anymore myself but when she had her lo she stuck her in the wrap and got on with looking after her horses.....again this depends on the horses too, if it had been my boys i wouldnt have moby wrapped joseph to care for them because they were 18 hands and 19 hands and a tad boisterous......the wrap isnt always practical but it gets some basics done. Xx

Thanks I have a baby Bjorn and this is fab but he hates me mucking out with him in it lol plus he weighs over 17lbs now so that's hard work! My horse is impeccably behaved and I trust her 110% so no worries there :)

Of course! I never even thought about that, when theyre older and as time goes on it gets harder work and its already hard work! Lol the bjorn is supposed to be good too. Im glad i dont have this dilemma anymore, id have to pay someone what little i dont have because my boys were naughty naughty naughty. Lol! Xx

I'm lucky because Nat is happy to sit in his pushchair and watch me get on with things, but I'd have thought the inflatable nests could be a good idea. Nat loves his at home so I'm sure he'd love it outside as well.

Otherwise, could you get a battery operated swing that he could sit in? I picked one up on ebay for £20.

I don't know what to do with him either, it's so hard work to do anything he cries if I'm not pushing him in the pram and always seems to wake up when I get there. The hardest thing to do is poo picking my horse lives with 5 others so would never take him in the field as they like to charge around but he won't sit and wait by the side either. I've been sending hubby there on his way home from work with a torch cause I just can't do it.

I used a sling, then a baby swing but in all honesty, the girls from the office are besotted with her and always take her off me, but you may not have people hanging around who can do that.

I think the best thing to do is try to get him to nap, get him in the car, get to the stables and do what you can when he is asleep.

May get shot in the foot for this...but ive left her asleep in the car (locked and within sight) in her carseat before.

It really depends on the set up of the yard as obviously you need to consider safety and the possibility of a loose horse etc. I have left a bab asleep in the car within sight/earshot before. I don't see the harm personally, it's safe from loose horses and from the cold or draughts/bad weather.

How about a travelcot used as a playpen? You could use cushions to help support your LO for now and the mattress would be quite padded if he did 'fall' over. Or could you muck out at lunchtime and sit your LO in a high hair with lunch? (if BLW, although you'd need to keep a very close eye in case of choking etc)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->