music during labour

Tracy1979

Reaction score
Hi
I am starting to think about music I can play during labour when in hospital. I need to buy an ipod or similar with speakers - does not need to be the latest model. Can anyone recommend an inexpensive model as I will not use it much afterwards?
Thank you

The cheapest would be a iPod shuffle I'd imagine, docking stations are really cheap too, got one off eBay for a tenner : )

If you want an Ipod I recommend getting a nano, they are fairly inexpensive now-a-days and can hold a hell of a lot of music. Also most MP4 players go cheap now. One brand I will say I love is Hashi. Goodluck :thumbup:

Can you not use your phone? I'm just using my phone with headphones. No point spending money one something to use once.

I dont know what music to have. I dont want your typical relaxation music as i think that will bore me to tears more than anything! Maybe a Star Wars soundtrack will help lol but nah im thinking of getting an Audio book or something. I can get an audio book of Sex & The City for under £10 on Amazon. I would go for a Nano as well as Shuffles have a small memory usually if i remember rightly

Can you not use your phone? I'm just using my phone with headphones. No point spending money one something to use once.

I thought about using my phone but didn't want the headphones to get in the way when moving around. My phones not that up to date so will be looking for a new one in Jan. Supose I could get one with half decent built in speakers.

Thank you

I plan on sticking my phone into my bra and using proper headphones not the little inside the ear ones so I can move about easier. I'd be inclinded to use headphones rather than a speaker as it'll block out surrounding sounds a bit better and you can have it louder to you without annoying anyone else if you're in hospital.
I remember when I was in labour with my first baby, there was a women going hell for leather with the screaming in the next room and I could barely hear my CD on the cd player that was provided so with my phone I can at least have it nice and loud in my ears! lol I know we're all in pain but I don't wanna hear you screaming! haha

I plan on sticking my phone into my bra and using proper headphones not the little inside the ear ones so I can move about easier. I'd be inclinded to use headphones rather than a speaker as it'll block out surrounding sounds a bit better and you can have it louder to you without annoying anyone else if you're in hospital.
I remember when I was in labour with my first baby, there was a women going hell for leather with the screaming in the next room and I could barely hear my CD on the cd player that was provided so with my phone I can at least have it nice and loud in my ears! lol I know we're all in pain but I don't wanna hear you screaming! haha

Good point :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->