Music In The Womb

M

mom-on-8/2009

I think I heard that babies like to hear outside of the womb what they hear on the inside. If that's right, what would your baby like after the birth music or otherwise?

Aaven (maybe a different spelling) would love metal and mommy and dad arguing. :rofl::dohh::blush: Maybe I need to change a few things, I mean, I do try to fight less with hubby and keep the music down.

But, anyway, on with the thread.
And if you have other LO's or a mommy of one, you can also post but just explain, please.

Classical music (like Pachelbel) - and classic rock. Viva Ozzy! No joke, I grew up on rock and fell asleep to Bark at the Moon (old Ozzy song) and various other classic rock bands, with some southern rock like Lynyrd Skynyrd and Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. I think I'll play classical more before birth to help me relax more.

Ernie goes crazy when we play metallica to him,even when hubby plays metallica guitar hero,we tried other bands and the radio but he doesnt seem to be as active!! i am sorting out my cd for labour-lots of my fave metallica tracks i can chill out to!!

my first used to kick me all night then i put my headfones on my bump lol she loved bon jovi :D this one seems to like allsorts at the moment :)

I used to work in a teenage mum and baby unit and quite a few of them said their children would fall asleep to music they had liked and played lots during their pregnancy...one girl said she put a cd on she hadn't listened to since she was pregnant and her toddler put herself to bed and went straight to sleep! and my sisters first son lied the sound of hoovers- if she was hoovering he'd fall asleep.

I've been playing a mixture of stuff to my bump to see what he likes best! we'll see if any of it puts him to sleep when he's here.

Oh jeeze! I am going to be screwed lol... All bump ever hears is what OH and his friends play... Either crazy scary death metal or really bad language rap/hip-hop.... I think I might have to start changing that!

John barrowman, katherine Jenkins, josh Groban, beyonce, clannad thankfully mostly chilled out stuff!

I only listen to music when i'm at OH's cos my bloody speakers dont work and i never get chance to watch tv here, so mine will be used to Jamaican dancehall, Reggae and a bit of UK rap.

My boyfriend plays guitar, piano, the drums, and the flute.

She'd kick up a storm when he played metal on his electic guitar but do nothing to the piano; we thought she liked the guitar lol.. well, now she cries when she hears it and the piano soothes her really well actually!

maybe she was kicking because she didn't like it
i just meant that babies like what they hear in the womb
i never said kicking meant they like it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back