must have gifts for 8 month old?!

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by kbwebb, Oct 10, 2013.

1. kbwebb

kbwebb Well-Known Member

Lucy will be 8 months just after Christmas but I don't know what to buy? I brought books for bedtime and a stacker thing but that's about it!

2. wamommy

wamommy 4 little monkeys!

At 8 months they don't really understand the concept of holidays, so I just bought things that we needed anyway, and let the kids enjoy the unwrapping!! I think when the kids were under 1 we bought things like clothes, towels, shoes, etc. We did throw in a couple of age appropriate toys. Believe me, it's so much easier when they're young! Once they are older and know that there are new toys inside that pretty paper, life gets much more complicated at Christmas time!

3. xLaura

xLaura Well-Known Member

How about a push along walker? Bath toys? wooden puzzles blocks for when older.

4. lanaross

lanaross Mom to Bella and Greyson

they won't remember a thing and you'll get some stuff from friends/family too so I personally think you should be all set :) Fast forward three years and "letters to Santa" talks start in September so save your money! :)

5. ispeakinsongs

ispeakinsongs Well-Known Member

stalking this as our LO will be 8 months at Christmas as well

6. Sarah Lou 80

Sarah Lou 80 Well-Known Member

Bath toys and some sensory type toys. I saw some cool wooden sensory toys on Amazon.

7. baileybubs

baileybubs Well-Known Member

I've just got a rainbow light (currently on offer from Bounty £9!! Bargain!) as she has started to notice sensory lights and things. We also plan on just getting her some more clothes, books and just a few small age appropriate toys. My MIL has got her a walker. As others have said I don't think it needs to be anything too extravagant as she'll probably be more interested in the paper and boxes anyway!