MW Appointment Today- a few queries

rubywoo77

Mum of 2
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I had my MW's appointment today- everything seems to be fine but I had a few questions - that I thought you guys maybe able to help with - I did ask my MW but I sometimes feel she doesn't want to worry me so doesn't give detailed answer's (if that makes sense)

a) she found a trace of glucose in my urine and noted it down in my notes, is this a bad thing? is it something I need to monitor? - I did ask her and she said it was nothing to worry about but I would need to keep an eye on it... erm how/what am I supposed to do?:huh:

b) I told her I had been itching all over for last week or so, around my hands and feet, particularly worse at night, she asked me if it felt like "insects crawling under skin" and I said yes - so she has booked me in for blood tests tomorrow at hospital - wants me to be tested for Choleostatis - but again told me not worry and that she just wants to rule it out.

c) she checked for heartbeat- it was there- loud and clear and very fast (well it sounded fast to me) and then she measured my bump and said I was measuring big for my dates - I as measuring 28cm when I am under 25 weeks, - again told me not worry and that they will monitor it and measure again at my next appt in apprx a month's time. Should I be worried? am I cooking a huge baby?

Maybe I am just a tad paranoid or overly worrying about things I don't need to worry about:blush: but any help gratefully appreciated.

gosh i wud want to know proper answers to ur questions aswell hun !! sry ive no idea with any of them, think the glucose in my urine needs monitoring :? , well i wuda thought all of it wud, i wud phone nhs direct see wot they say, if they seem conserned then go bk to mw .......... sry not much help x

sugar in urine plus big baby - did she mention being tested for gestational diabetes? a glucose tolerance test? a month's quite a while to wait for another urine test - I'd be concerned, too. take care.

Hey hun, not sure about (c), (b) i have definitely heard of but am unsure what risks it poses, either way as long as you are montored i'm sure it would be fine :)

as for (a) I was told at my last MW appointment that my glucose levels weren't high but were at the higher end of the normal range. she said if it pipped over then i would have to be monitored to ensure i wasn't developing gestational diabetes. I have therefore had to cut all sugary things out of my diet as much as I can (i hadn't realised how much suagar i was intaking: grapes, gallons of apple juice, orange juice, pineapple juice, sweets to help sickness on the bus, the odd cake as a treat from my mom!!) so hopefully when i go back for my 2nd appointment they won't have gone up.

NOt sure if this is what she means, but if she wa concerned she would have told you to look at your diet ,etc, so i'm sure you're fine. I think that applies to all of the above too: if there was something to worry about or something you could do to minimise anything she would have been duty bound to tell you

x x x x

Hi all, thanks for all the replies.

She said it was just a trace of glucose - I had some jelly tots before I attended the appointment and gave urine sample. :blush:

I never thought about gestational diabetes - and she never mentioned it -She mentioned that maybe because my husband was tall that might have something to do with it baby being on the larger side for my dates, but she didn't seem overly concerned about baby's size. The next time I see her will be for my Anti D injections (am Rhesus Neg) - think I might cut down on my sugar intake just to make sure. I have been eating more sweet stuff than ever during pregnancy.

Hubby seemed well pleased that baby seems big - mainly because him and his siblings were all big babies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->