MW appointment today,but have dilemma?

Dustyx

Reaction score
Hi guys, back from my hols with OH flew back yesterday had great time!:happydance:got my Meet the midwife appointment today at 1pm cant wait as it means next will be my scan! They may book it on my birthday which is 30th that would be fab but my only dilemma is they will probably book it for next week do i go on my own as my OH is away with work til 31st as is my sister on holiday til 31st or do i rebook. The only thing is its postponing it and I want the nuchal fold test too as Im 35 yrs and Im already am 11 and half weeks. What do you think i should do go alone or wait? Dust x

I didn't want to read and leave.. but I really have no idea. Does the OH really want to go?
I have NO idea what a nuchal fold test is either, so I guess my answer depends on that.

Do you have anyone else who can go with you, Mom, MIL, SIL, close friend, aunt, someone? If so then take them with you.

If you haven't told friends and family yet, then see whether your OH can take a day off work to come with you. If not, then think about how comfortable you are with going alone to the scan.. If you don't feel okay about it then by all means reschedule.

Love,
Amy.

You may be able to ask for a specific date when booking it?

Also, it depends on how your OH feels about it all

Good luck, I hope it works out :)

thanks guys had my scan through and its on the 4th nov so dilemma problem solved OH is back in the country so dont have to go alone hoorey! The nuchal fold test is where they measure the back of the neck between 11-14wks,then do a couple blood tests to test for downs syndrome then it give a ratio score off how high the risks are.Then you con decide whether to go for the amnio or not which gives a more accurate result. The nuchal is not normally offered unless you are over 35, certain circumctances,history,area where you live otherwise it can be done privately. Im over 35 so like to be prepared x So only a week to wait for my scan !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->