MW Appointments

ruth222

Mum of 1 to be Mum of 2
Reaction score
I had my 34 week appointment last week with my MW, it states in my notes how often I should be seeing her and according to my notes (as I'm due in 5 weeks) that I should be seeing her every two weeks now. But when she tried to book me in for two weeks time she was fully booked! There is only one MW at my surgery who looks after loads of patients around the local areas and shes only in the surgery for appointments once a week. She said she couldn't fit me in until 2 weeks before I'm due, which obv paniced me a bit!!

She said what I will have to do instead is get the nurse to take my 36 week bloods as normal, and then book in to see the doctor instead of her the week later to review the results. I don't know what to think about all this! Has anyone else expereinced anything like this? I mean what kind of system do they run when there are too many pregnant women and they can't get appointments for everyone???? So MW managed to book me in for 2 weeks before my due date and made me an appointment for the day after my due date. So if he's late I will only see her 2 more times, and if hes early or on time I might see her once or not at all!!

So a bit concerned now incase anything was to go wrong, she did say if I have any worries or concerns don't ring her and ring the labour ward instead! I mean surely the doctor won't be doing all the usual checks that the mw does he prob just tell me about my bloods, and then thats it!? :hissy:

Sounds like a bit of a farce to be honest but my midwife has kind of warned me about this. She only does our local doctors on Mondays and whereas I used to always get an appointment for 1pm, I could only get one for 4pm last time which was her last appointment. She said once we go down to 2 weeks it'll be a lot more difficult to find me an appointment because it's shorter notice so I guess I'll have to talk her into booking them all in advance so I get in there!

Thats does sound totally wrong hun, my MW only does Tuesday afternoons but always tells me my next appointment ie 32 weeks and I normal book it that day, though due to seeing the consultant at the hospital in between it gives me longer, but have just booked my 30, 32 and 36 week appointment to make sure, being seen at the hospital at 34 weeks and my little man is being born at 38 weeks. Sorry I know this is no help, I just wonder why other practices can't do the same thing, good luck, take care :hugs: XX

on my notes it says i should be seeing my mw in another 2 weeks when im 36 but they cnt fit me in till im 37 weeks. Everytime ive been to the doctors ive seen a different mw everytime its annoyin!

Thats a bloody joke. I would complain if i was you.. I would not stand it.. your pregant and deserve the same treatment as everybody else. what if there is something wrong or you want to discuss an issue. its a farce

I HAVE THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM LOL!!!
I saw my GP on the 31th March regarding an urinary infection (result all clear) and was suppose to have my M/W app this week (you know every 2weeks) but it's closed friday (day of the m/w), so I had my blood taken today at the day ass. unit.....
They were as booked as my health center for my next week so my next app is 36 weeks (24th april)!!! I mean WTF???!! It's like nobody fucking cares about how you or your baby is growing, doing??!! We are carrying a little Human being, is that too much to ask, to be followed and cared for??!!
I understand your frustration and anger, I share them :-( But, what you wanna do??!!! we just have to be patient, we can't change the system just us too.... Be strong and try not to think too much about it!
Take care, xx

yep I know thanks ladies highly frustrating!! Argh! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"