• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

My 21 month old hit another toddler for the first time today :(

Sarah Lou 80

Reaction score
I feel awful as my friend came around with her slightly younger little girl. They usually play beautifully together but LO was soooo tired. I should have tried to get him to nap but they were arriving imminently and he won't sleep up in his cot so he would have been woken anyway.

Anyway, he got a bit possessive over his toys and pulled at her clothes/arm a couple of times. And then he threw a plastic dinosaur at her (relatively heavy).

I was caught off guard with it all really as I've kind been wondering how to handle these situations if they arose but in the moment I do t know whether I did the right thing!

I basically, moved him away from the little girl, put him on the settee and told him that it was naughty/ not nice and he must not hit/pull hair. I then went and made a fuss of my friends LO. My boy kept getting down from the settee so I told him he had to sit there as he'd been naughty. I only did this over the course of a couple of minutes. The first couple of times he was beside himself (and absolutely hanging!!!) the third time, he was so tired he sat quietly for a bit longer.

Part of me was thinking it would be a good idea for my friend to go (she had been around for a couple of hours at this point) but I didn't want to say, would you mind going so I can get him to nap.

Sorry for such a long post. I think I just needed to get this off my chest and see if there was any better way I could have handled it?

Needless to say he is out for the count now!

It sounds like he was exhausted. I probably would have removed him from the situation, but I wouldn't try to punish him for being exhausted. I probably would have said something to the friend about how he's exhausted so the behavior is probably only going to get worse. I would have said that I needed to get him for a nap.

Most definitely exhausted...I think I need to man up and should have said I need him to sleep!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"