My 7 month old Jenna has Viral infection, help needed

Manora

Reaction score
hello,

My daughter Jenna had a fever 3 days ago, and it kept getting higher so i took her to the dr. and he told me that she has viral infection. He mentioned that the fever will go away after 3 days, and it actually did. today is her 3rd day, she's drinking fluids, but refusing solids. She's been weaning a lot, and her stool is watery and she wets her diaper so often in a day. Her nose is also blocked and when she coughs it's so hard and she vomits with every big cough. It's a sticky colorless substance maybe it's mucus i'm not quite sure. What i'm actually concerned about is that i noticed on her lips on the inside, white spots, like pimples and her tongue is slightly swollen, on the tip of her tongue is whiter than normal. I'm sure its not thrush because i've looked over pictures on the internet and it looks way too different. thrush seemed to be like a white layer on the lips.

please let me know if any of you have experienced the same. i'm a worried parent.

thanks!:nope::cry:

Sounds like Hand, foot and mouth. Don't know if you need to take any precautions with this though as I've never had it nor has LO. Maybe go back to the doctor, or ring them with the new symptoms?

A lot of times thrush can also hit right after a viral infection. When my LO had thrush and it started as tiny white dots on the lips too.

It cant hurt to give your childs Dr. another call to be sure, but just keep doing what youve been doing and encourage the fluids :hugs: hope she gets better!

i rang my doctor, and i'm suppose to meet with him after 2 hours. her tongue is all white now, but still it doesn't look like thrush.

i hope it's not something serious.

thanks for your replies. i'll keep you updated.

My LO had hand foot and mouth a few weeks ago, does jenna have any spots on her body anywhere? mainly hands lower arms feet lower legs? she was off her food and drink for a few days but dindnt have a fever when her rash was there and was just a bit grizzly, the following week she got a cold so maybe your LO has just got a cold and HFM xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->