My AMAZING little girl!

stepmummy

Reaction score
She has finally learnt how to sleep through without a bottle! We slowly diminished the amount she was getting and three nights ago, we stopped all together. The first two nights she woke about 5 times crying and I had to soothe her back to sleep without the bottle.

Last night OH's daughter was staying and I was dreading having to just give in an give her the bottle for fear of keeping her big sister awake on a school night.

But she went to sleep at 6.30pm and was completely fast asleep until 7.30am this morning!

I never thought we'd get here. For those of you struggling with bad sleepers, please believe it does get better eventually. When LO was waking 8-9 times a night and feeding at least twice (just one month ago!) I never thought it would get any better. :cloud9:

Woop! There is hope for us all! :happydance:

aww so glad she is sleeping through the night. My lo is sleeping for a good 7 hrs a night but swaddled, does that count? lol

There IS hope. I have cried over her cot at 3am so many times with exhaustion so I've earned this :)

7hrs definitely counts, some people would call that sleeping through the night! I call those people morons though... :wink:

I meant, does swaddling count as being able to sleep through ... I have heard of moms who try this first have horrid times to get them out of it and then they go to sleepless nights cus the baby was so used to being swaddled.
I had my 16 month old boy who did NOT sleep through the night till 10 months old. LIterally. I did not want Seth to be born until that boy slept through then I put him in his own room and bam, 10-12 hrs..then I gave birth a month later and went back to sleepless nights for a couple weeks but Seth has went to sleep from 12am till 730am since just befor 4 weeks old. Swaddled of course. I would hate to stop it but I hve heard he hasnt learnt to sleep through the night cus of the swaddle.

and my older 5 boys NEVER swaddled, the older 4 slept through from day one, my 5th ya right, I explained above he didnt till 10 months old. Literally every hr he would wake. Not sure if its because he was in my room and I kept him up or DH kept him up or cus of his reflux he had and he had to outgrow it...then i had this one and I swaddled him cus he was so tiny at birth and he relaxed easier that way.

sorry to type two replies :)

See the other posts on here about swaddles. Some babies like it until about 6 months. When we changed LO into a bag, she was about 4months and ready for it but she still enjoys a swaddle here and there.

It definitely still counts! Don't worry too much, you can always do it gradually. Some people leave one arm out of the swaddle for a few nights - especially if LO is starting to self-soothe with a dummy or a thumb. Your bubba will let you know when swaddle time is over I reckon :) You can also experiment with the sleeping bag for day naps so you can oversee.

Thank you, I may. But I think I am not ready LOL I am so exhausted with the older 5 and especially my toddler that I fear if I change his pattern I may kick myself in the rear! I find, a happy baby, routine, pattern = happy mom lol.
:)

No quite right! Do it whenever you feel ready. Sooner or late, you won't be able to keep him in that swaddle! And then he'll probably enjoy the freedom of a sleeping bag :)

p.s. You are a HERO! Five boys!!??

No quite right! Do it whenever you feel ready. Sooner or late, you won't be able to keep him in that swaddle! And then he'll probably enjoy the freedom of a sleeping bag :)

p.s. You are a HERO! Five boys!!??

SIX
boys! I have 13,10,9,7, 16 months and 4 months :) I am by far NOT a hero. LOL I am the typical woman who feels to pull her hair out with the boys, arguing and stuff. Geeze I do have to say I love them, but I do love a break. Thats why I feel I should get him used to not being swaddled then again, should I? lol I need life easy, if you know what i mean

She has finally learnt how to sleep through without a bottle! We slowly diminished the amount she was getting and three nights ago, we stopped all together. The first two nights she woke about 5 times crying and I had to soothe her back to sleep without the bottle.

Last night OH's daughter was staying and I was dreading having to just give in an give her the bottle for fear of keeping her big sister awake on a school night.

But she went to sleep at 6.30pm and was completely fast asleep until 7.30am this morning!

I never thought we'd get here. For those of you struggling with bad sleepers, please believe it does get better eventually. When LO was waking 8-9 times a night and feeding at least twice (just one month ago!) I never thought it would get any better. :cloud9:

OMG soooo jealous! how long did it take you to cut her bottles down to nothing? my oh works nights and whatever plan i go to bed with goes out of the window at 3am in a bid to get to sleep!

Thank god there's hope. I thought we had sleep sorted but it seems not, my LO is going through a phase of waking every half hour, I thought I was doomed to be a zombie forever lol xx

Girlsmooch we docked it from 6oz to 4oz for a few weeks then did two nights of 3oz and two nights of 2oz. It allowed me to figure out whether she was waking out of hunger or habit - definitely habit! We were starting to wean too so I was certain she was getting enough during the day.

Good luck! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->