my baby can't sleep :(

babymama

Mom to Phoenix
Reaction score
I don't know what to do. Over the last few days Phoenix has not been napping well during the day and cries most of the day. I can tell he's exhausted from various signs and I can't seem to do anything to settle him and help him fall asleep. I fed him, changed, took to a quiet room, red a story, carried him, put him in the stroller and rode around the house. In tears myself after almost 3 hours of this, I put him down on his bed to calm down on his own, which seems to have worked for the most part but he's still making crying noises every now and again. I just know he'll doze off for about 20 minutes and then it'll all start over again.

How do I deal with this? Should I just leave him in his bed and let him cry it out?? It breaks my heart that I can't help him fall sleep.

have you tried swaddling him really tightly in a blanket this is the only thing that worked for archie when he was that upset...hope things get better xx

At that age no I wouldn't leave him to cry it out, but that's my personal preference. He's still really really young, have you tried holding him while he naps? If a baby isn't in a very deep sleep they usually will wake up the minute you put them down (you can test by lifting his hand and see if it falls back without waking him). Swaddling is a good idea too, you can always try that.

He's way too young for crying it out. Perhaps others would disagree, but he's only 3 weeks old and is still getting used to being in this big scary world! I'd try the swaddling or just cuddling/rocking to sleep. Erin used to have sooo much trouble napping when she was that age, she would fight sleep so bad. But it will and does get better. x

I'm having the same issue today.
Grady fell asleep FINALLY in my arms, but i had to move myself to try and put him down because i have so much stuff to do because we are going home for the weekend. And then he woke up screaming AGAIN... I finally managed to get him calm just NOW by yet another bottle, and I put gripe water in it.
He's been up since 8am, it's now 3:30pm, and all I've accomplished is his diaper bag..... and I managed to make my lunch - SOUP - but haven't managed to eat it! :(
I had to let him scream it out for a little bit, or else I would have gone crazy. I left him for about 5 minutes, and when I started hearing him get quieter and have gaps in his screaming, I knew he was starting to calm down a little bit so I went and got him.
I'm sick too right now with a sinus infection, and the antibiotics I'm on make me ill, so it's been even worse.

I feel your pain hun! :hugs: Hope he relaxs!

I swaddle and rock him in my arms since that's the only thing that will do the trick for about 5 minutes. I went out and got some gripe water and gave it to him and so far no crying, he's also dozing off so I really hopes he finally takes a good nap.

sounds like it could be colic.

hugs to you hun, it can be soul destroying especially when you don't want to see them upset and you just need some rest yourself. I hope it gets better soon :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->