My baby caught my bad cold!:( what can I do for him?

m0mmyCool

Me, OH, and our 2 boys.
Reaction score
He has never been sick before and I'm freaking out! A few days ago I got a nasty cold.. Sore throat, horrible nAsal congestion, fever. Now I think he's got the same thing! He had a runny nose this evening. Now he keeps waking up crying and its ovvious he feels terrible He's sleeping right now but will probably be up again anytime now. Is there anything I can do or give him to make him feel better?

If he is blocked up, breastmilk up the nose works wonders hun. Express some, put in a syringe and up the nose (bit by bit so its not too uncomfy). They don't like it very much, but it really helps! There's not really a lot you can do for him though, just let the cold ride out. just make sure he is warm and comfy. if he gets a temperature and is really really unsettled maybe try a wee bit of pamol xx

Luke has had a terribly runny and blocked nose over the weekend. We have been giving him calpol, saline nose spray and i also got some karvol capsols which i put onto a old bib and hung from his cot so he could breath the vapour which really seemed to help. We also found a warm bath with the door shut, or just sitting in the bathroom with hot water to create steam before bed helped x

Carvol plug in! Helped our baby loads he is almost over his cold now after a week.

We use the Calpol plug in, it's worked really well. Also Karvol chest rub and putting some books under one end of the cot to elevate it has helped.

Hope he is feeling better soon :hugs:

oscar has recently had a cold and we used the calpol saline nasal spray it worked wonders as it allowed him to sleep and feed and he fought the cold off quicker xx

A humidifier would probably work wonders hun :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"