my baby girl has arrived , birth story

lets get fat

mum to 4 boys
Reaction score
i went in to hospital on 31st may to be induced at 38+4 weeks was given first gel at 10 am started getting regular tightenings and thought yes this is it, midwife examined me at 4pm and said cervix still high and thick pains were off the gel another gel inserted, next day another gel inserted in the morning afternoon examination showed no change to cervix at all, day 3 they gave me a sweep but no gel, day 4 friday 3rd june now 39 weeks was examined and still no change to cervix offered another gel but i refused and begged them to just try and break my waters i was 2cm dilated anyway had been since day 1, dr said if they cant break waters i will need a c section i wanted a natural birth after having 4 sucessfull deliveries i thought no way i can deliver my 5th, anyway they took me down to labour ward at 12.30pm and broke my waters, labour pains started at 7.50pm and baby emily jessica was born at 9.06pm weighing 6lb 6oz labour was a total of 1hr and 16 mins ,i am so happy with her she is adorable and so spoilt by her 4 big brothers,
i was induced early because i had gd and was really surprised by her weight
sorry this is a bit long but i do enjoy reading birth stories and hope mine helps

nicky xx

Congrats hun. Sounds like a long 4 days! Glad all is well

Congratulation on you baby girl. A wait but worth it :thumbup:

Congratulations! :) well done you, love the name too. Xxx

congrats i to am going to be incduced because of GD and this tread makes me feel a lot better about it, I actually feel that my daughter will also be small in weight(gut feeling) every scan she messured normal for her weeks

Congrats dear, glad it went well after 4 days

Congratulations on your new arrival!
Sounds like you had a long couple of days, but I'm sure it's so worth it!
Enjoy your new baby girl! :flow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->