My baby girls name

Laura22

Reaction score
Hey every1,

Im Laura, im new to the site :hug:

Im 24 weeks pregnant and found out on the 1st July that im having a baby girl!!! :happydance:

I have decided to call her Mariah, after my idol and inspiration Mariah Carey...it means alot to me..

I'm just abit upset because a couple of family members don't approve and they dont think i should call her Mariah, they have been laughing about it and said its such ashame for the baby if i call her Mariah and asking me to call her something else!
Im shocked, annoyed and upset that they are being so harsh, i appreciate not every1 is going 2 like it but trying 2 get me 2 change my mind is just horrible..

I love my baby girl so much and i really feel in my heart that Mariah is the best name for her and ill never change my mind ever..:baby:

Thankyou for listening,

Has any1 else been in a similar boat?

Laura xxx

Hi laura..

Stuff what anyone else think's.. as long's as you and your OH like the name.. then that's all that matter's.. my dad was'nt to keen on my daughter's name..( Paris ) but its a name me and my OH at the time both loved.. and now everyone compliment's on how lovely her name is....

I'm sure once Mariah is born... everyone will come to like the name

x

I like it! My girlfriend's 8 year old's middle name is Mariah and I've always liked it. :D

I love Mariah! Stick to ur guns girl!! U'll only regret it! xx

Not my cup of tea tbh, but if we all liked the same thing we would all have the same name - stick to what you and your OH want, she's your little girl, so I reckon go with a name you want

I'm not telling people our names for the next one. There's always atleast one person who ruins it. I told someone our names for the next one the other day and she said one of them sounds like the name of a fish. Grr.

Ignore them. She's your daughter x

i think Mariah is lovely! i agree ignore what anyone else says :hugs: your daughter after all! x

I agree that Mariah is a lovely name. I'm sorry to hear people aren't being supportive but at the end of the day it's your little girl and you get to choose the name x

I definitely think people will always have an opinion, but what matters is what you want to call her, so you just have to ignore them. Once your little girl is here, they will get used to it.

x

i think if you had just said its mariah because you like the name, rather than naming after the idol they wont have said anything. Maybe they dont really like mariah carey? Either way its not very nice to be so rude to you.

There will always be someone that doesn't like the name you choose, and sometimes for really stupid reasons like they know someone with that name and they don't like the person so they have negative associations with it. Just go with it, after all it's the name you'll be calling up to 50 times a day for the next 18 years!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->