My baby has a birth date!!anyone got positive c sec storys!

I have a planned c section too for next Friday so I'll be watching this thread :)

I have a planned c section too for next Friday so I'll be watching this thread :)

Is he still breech hun?

x

Yes he certainly is, little monkey! I also have excess amniotic fluid. So it's all going wrong!

Estimated weight at 37 weeks was 9 lbs 11 ozs :shock: What a chunky monkey :haha: I had to have a GTT test today, my consultant was annoyed I haven't had one already as she thinks I have it. I find out tomorrow!

It's all going wrong now, after such a hassle free pregnancy. Oh well.

Are you still booked in for your c section?

1.How did you feel during op, were you completely with it or spaced out?

I was totally 'with it' throughout the op barring a couple of times when my blood pressure dropped and I passed out but they gave me something and brought me round pretty quickly. I got incredibly hot during it and they soaked a maternity pad (!) in cold water to put on my forehead which really helped. I was also sick a couple of times because of the spinal during it but again, it was dealt with really quickly. The theatre staff made both me and my OH feel relaxed and we even joked about things during the build up to the op. It was all very chilled and a much nicer atmosphere than I'd been led to believe.

2.How many days until you were up on your feet and tending to baby ok?

I was able to tend to my LO on the same day as the op - I was looking after her completely on my own after OH left when visiting hours were over and I looked after her unaided until he arrived back the next morning. So around 6 hours after the op I was able to feed, change, dress and comfort her without any help and did so all evening and all night long. I was up on my feet less than 24 hours after the op and able to walk fairly comfortably to the loo. I found getting from lying to sitting a bit painful but if I rolled onto my side first it wasn't too much of an issue. I did take all the painkillers they offered though!

3.Did you feel any anxiety/depression afterwards?

None at all in relation to the section but I did suffer from PND but I had a vaginal delivery with my 1st and the PND was considerably worse after that than after the section.
4. were you fully alert during and after op (im scared of confusion or a reaction!)

I was fully alert. I remember feeling quite sleepy after we got back to the ward but that was mainly because it had been a really long and eventful day!
5. how soon before you were allowed home?

I was home less than 48 hours after the section. My OH tried to persuade me to stay in for another night but I was itching to get home. I didn't take it as easy as I should have when I got home though and would highly recommend letting others run around after you for a couple of weeks at least.

My main gripe in the recovery was the swelling - my feet, ankles, calves, knees and thighs were so swollen for at least a month - I couldn't get shoes on at all for the first 5 weeks after giving birth. Apart from that I had an easier time recovering from my section than I did from my vaginal birth. It was a very positive birthing experience and I think I'm about to do it all again - I'm booked in for Feb 10th unless LO has other ideas and decides to come sooner.

I really hope all goes well for you.

x

Is he still breech hun?

x

Yes he certainly is, little monkey! I also have excess amniotic fluid. So it's all going wrong!

Estimated weight at 37 weeks was 9 lbs 11 ozs :shock: What a chunky monkey :haha: I had to have a GTT test today, my consultant was annoyed I haven't had one already as she thinks I have it. I find out tomorrow!

It's all going wrong now, after such a hassle free pregnancy. Oh well.

Are you still booked in for your c section?

Awww hun! Fingers crossed for you that everything goes ok, Yes I am still booked in but a MW i saw last week seemed to think that baby had turned, I will hopefully find out on Thursday for deff if i will be having my section as I have my MW appointment and pre assesment at the hospital xx

x[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for sharing, feel much better now although I forgot about the swelling, I swelled up too with my emergency c sec last time. I am also a sz 22 pre preg this time so hope Im not the size of a bloody house cos they struggled to find ted stockings to fit my chunky calves last time and I was a good stone lighter!!!!!
Thanks again for you advice hun xx[/QUOTE]

Just make sure you keep your feet up (I think they say they should be higher than your heart but I might be wrong) as often as you can and let others look after you as much as possible.

Best of luck with everything and happy 'birth' day to your brand new baby.

x

1.How did you feel during op, were you completely with it or spaced out? i was completely normal the whole time and felt fine!
2.How many days until you were up on your feet and tending to baby ok? i was fine about 4 days after
3.Did you feel any anxiety/depression afterwards? yes! but it went away very fast,lasted a day or two
4. were you fully alert during and after op (im scared of confusion or a reaction!) yes yes yes! dont worry hun, i was so alert that i was putting makeup on right after the operation and seeing guests and during i was talking to DH and only got a bit scared when baby was almost out,when he was out after 5 minutes i got worried because he was crying lol, thats the only out of it moment i remember but i guess its normal to naturaly worry about our newborn if they cry
5. how soon before you were allowed home? 3 nights in hospital
6. for anyone who has had emergency c sec previous and elective after was it different? N/A

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->