my baby has a blocked nose :-(

chel27

mum to 3
Reaction score
and she is only 6 weeks old but it seems to be really annoying her and she cant seem to sleep and keeps crying :cry: is there anything i can do or give her to help her breathe easier???

there are drops you can get over the counter (think asda sell them) dont know what they are called though

Is there any way you can prop her up to sleep a little? also steam in the room shes sleeping in might help a little, Pan of hot water or wet towel on her radiator etc, hope she feels better soon xx

Is there any way you can prop her up to sleep a little? also steam in the room shes sleeping in might help a little, Pan of hot water or wet towel on her radiator etc, hope she feels better soon xx

i cant think of any way to prop her up and wouldnt really want to risk that as she is only 6 weeks old. i may try the wet towel on her radiator. thank you xxx

Hi get some snufflebabe u rub it on there chest and its meant to help them breathe easier xx hope she feels better soon xx

my OH sucks all the gunk out Maleys nose.......she screams for a second but then she is ok and her nose is clear...i cant do it myself though!

I was advised to place them in the bathroom in their chair and you have a hot shower, the steam helps to clear their nose.

I used saline drops on alex because he was too young for any other medication. You can buy them cheaply in most supermarkets or the doctor can prescribe them. I propped alex up in his moses basket and regularly cleared his nose with a nasal aspirator and could often pick quite large bogeys out as they were dangling down (sorry sounds quite disgusting but there are worse things in life!)

Saline drops are the drops hun ...

Most places sell them Asdas have them down the baby nappy isle , Oscars only 4 weeks and full of stuffy nose.
I allso use baby vapour rub on his sleepsuit and Roll a blanket up and put it under the Matress of his moses basket so he is angeled up (Mw told me totally safe) .

Good luck hun hope it passes i fully sympathise . x .

thanks for all your replies girls...i shall get some drops from asda tomorrow xx hopefully it clears up soon, its horrid especially when they getting upset and cry as it makes it worse xx

you can also put olbas oil on a hanky and tie it to the cot or crib or put a bowl of steamy water near the cot with a few drops in

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->