My baby has a sore eye :(

Mumtobe20

Reaction score
My lo has a sore eye its his right eye and it keeps running constantly. It looks like he's crying but he's not. Its a little bloodshot but it doesnt look sore. I know its not conjunctivitis as I have seen what thats like before having had it myself. What can I do to help it clear up I bathed it early on with cotton wool and warm water but is there anything else I can do? He had it ages ago when he was little and it cleared up quite quickly. Has anyones elses lo had this before? X

My lo had this when she was younger. Was runny and green crusty. Was yucky! I was told its very common and just to wipe it with cotton wool and sterile water, i.e. cooled boiled water. I would wipe it every couple of hours, just once from inner to outer. The midwife told me it MUST be sterile water. It cleared up so quickly and I couldn't believe it because to me it looked really bad. Try this for a couple of days and if it doesnt clear up you can take lo to doctors for a swab incase antibiotics are needed. Apparently it can be worse when they are sleeping too and that is normal.

Anyway hope this helps hun. Good luck xx

I agree using cooled boiled water and cotton wool is a good idea. then wipe each eye inwards to outwards once only with a separate piece every few hours. also, do you bf? if so you can put a few drops of BM in the eye and that helps clear it up as well. I know it sounds like an odd thing to do but it really works.

Ellie's had this for a short while now and we just keep it clean x

Katie has had this for some time now too, and it gets better some days and then gets bad again. She's had drops from the chemist, and antibiotic drops from the doctor and none are making any difference. The doctor doesn't seem worried, and we just wipe it clean now with coiled boiled salty water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->