My baby has flu....advice please..

EternalRose

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

My little girl has come down with flu, she woke up at 3am coughing and spluttering. I nearly fell out my bed to get to her, as I thought she was choking! :wacko: All day she has had a runny nose, and is coughing. I have given her some calpol and she has had her dinner so she hasnt lost her appetite. Is their anything else I can do for her, she is really miserable and keeps crying. Ive put her next to me on the sofa wrapped up with all her toys so she is ok for now, but a while ago it was awful. She was literally inconsolable, and she wont sleep. Just felt her forehead, she does have a bit of a temperature now. I know it seems like just the flu but I am ever so worried about her..:cry:

EternalRose xx

Some baby ibuprofen should help her feel better and bring her temp down xxx

Hmm, I would be tempted to tell you to keep an eye on it. My sister's little girl was in hospital with bronchiolitis last week and several other friends LOs have it too. It's running wild just now, Alder Hey had a whole ward full and it's only a tiny minority who need hospital treatment isn't it!
Poor baby, hope she feels better soon :hugs:

Thanks, I have just told my OH to pick up some Ibuprofen on the way back from the shops. I will keep an eye on it Windmills. xx

Blud, you can give her calpol and ibuprofen at the same time, when Brooke was sick the doctor told me it was perfectly ok.

Poor little sausage, hope she feels better soon :hugs:

My baby has the same thing, she was really bad last night and this morning, I considered the emergency doctors but at the moment she seems a bit better and is playing (with a lovely streaming nose). I will keep an eye and trust my instinct if anything changes, maybe a trip to the doctors if things get any worse. I have been using Ibruprofen too.... I too have friends who's babies have been in hospital with Broncilitus :hugs::hugs::hugs:

My baby has the same thing, she was really bad last night and this morning, I considered the emergency doctors but at the moment she seems a bit better and is playing (with a lovely streaming nose). I will keep an eye and trust my instinct if anything changes, maybe a trip to the doctors if things get any worse. I have been using Ibruprofen too.... I too have friends who's babies have been in hospital with Broncilitus :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Yeah the same as my little girl hun! And long time no see by the way..:winkwink: Her nose is literally streaming constantly, what are you doing about the cross-contamination thing. I mean, Im just wiping her nose with a muslin, but not the most hygenic thing to do. I dont want to use dry tissues as it will make her nose sore and red...:shrug:

put a little bit of vaseline on her nose. stop it getting sore, lots of mummy cuddles xxx

No real advice that hasn't already been given, but maybe a karvol plugin in her nursery to help if she's congested?

Lots of hugs to Abigail xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->