My baby has made an early appearance!

soon2b6

Mum to 6
Reaction score
I thought during a rare quiet moment I would update everyone.
On the 17th August I woke at just before 3am and my waters broke, It was my husbands birthday so he woke to me saying "oh sh*t, my waters have gone, oh and happy birthday" then I came downstairs (to our horribly positioned downstairs loo!) I leaked loads of waters then got a huge gush, lol, and rang delivery suite. Because of my history they wanted me to come in straight away (I had 2 previous sections) So we woke the children and took them on the 140 mile round trip to their grandparents, dropping me in hospital first. I was put on a monitor and examined, nothing much happening at this stage just some very mild contractions. These increased in intensity so we were kept in, only to have them tail off. We went home but because the docs seemed sure I would go into labour we had to leave the kids at their grandparents, they scheduled me for a section for Monday the 24th if nothing happened before, and so we waited......and waited......and waited!! got on and off contractions and on Wednesday night I began to think "this is it", only to have it tail off again. We waited some more and on Saturday night I started getting pains every 2 mins lasting about a minute, so off we went, they werent very painful so I knew it was early but I felt it had got going at last, got there got examined and I was 3cms and effaced. I was put on a monitor but unfortunately the babys heartrate was racing and because they were looking out for signs of a uterine rupture I was taken for a section :( The contractions got much stronger at this point and I was making little mooing noises to cope (wasnt that funny at the time as I recall,lol) Anyway got the spinal in and off we go. I was told that my second section was difficult due to adhesions and they anticipated that this one would be lengthy too, it was!! It took 2 and a half hours to deliver the baby and was possibly the worst experience of my life. There were 3 surgeons and about 8 medics in the room. I had my arms tied down and in order to get access to the baby the retractor thingys had to be tied back, they got the anethsetist to tie lengths of cotton fabric over the top of me and down on to the table as tight as he could. I kept smelling burning which made me feel really faint, but I guess they were getting through the adhesions. Anyway after a lengthy op and lots and lots of blood loss (1.3 litres in the op then another litre of fluid from the massive drain they put in) I got to see my baby girl, she weighs 8lb 14 oz!! huge given she was only just 37 weeks!! We have called her Holly. They said they had to use her arm as leverage to get her out and her arm was badly buised :cry:
Following the op the doc who had been very encouraging re my vbac attempt came to see me, it turns out I had progressed to 7 cms before the section and I had indeed had an opening in the scar. Had I have pushed she said it would have ended up being a full rupture.
Even though it was scary, I do feel lucky, she is here and she is OK and so am I, which is all I could ask really.

Sorry you had such a difficult time :hugs: but congratulations on your baby girl! What a good weight! :thumbup:

Congrats!! Hope your healing well, seems abit of an ordeal that, decent weight though! xx

Sorry to hear you had such a difficult time, but glad that you and baby are both well. Congratulations on the arrival of baby Holly, what a big baby considering she was early! Thanks for updating us.

Congrats hun:) U'll have to post some pics next time you get one of those rare 'quiet' moments lol. Glad LO is here safe and sound and hope you make a speedy recovery following ur c-section :hugs:

Congratulations on baby Holly!! Glad you are both ok x

Huge congrast xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Congratulations. x Hope Hollys arm is ok soon. x

congratulations so glad your both safe and well :)

Wow scary. So glad you're both ok though and she really is a fab weight - really chuffed for you all. :happydance: Lovely name BTW! :)

Sorry you had a tough time, glad she is here safe and sound, wishing you a speedy recovery :hugs: and huge CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Congrats to you and your baby girl!:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->