My baby has really bad nappy rash :(

MiissMuffet

Reaction score
Ella has TERRIBLE nappy rash.. i tried bepathem, pseudocream, canasten (cream for thrush) nothing worked, it would get better then worse, i took her to the doctor and she got prescribed a mild steroid cream for thrush. Now today its worse than ever, she winces and moans when i wipe her bum :cry:

It's really red and looks like its been rubbed with a harsh cloth or something it looks so sore :(I'm going to take her to the doctor again tomorrow. i know she said the cream could take a few days but its getting rediculous! Any ideas on how to make her more comfortable until the cream works? i feel so bad for her :(

as much no nappy time as possible to help it dry out should help.
can u go in today to the dr's?

Aw hun, I would take off her nappy, wipe her down with a cool damp cloth to ease the soreness and give her plenty time with nappy off! Hope it improves soon! :flower:

Maybe try washing her with Aqueous cream or i use something called Zinco Spray, you can get a free sample here https://www.zincospray.co.uk/form.asp
I also like using the Huggies Natural Care wipes.

It's already 11pm here!

i did no nappy time but i dont want her sitting on her mat and toys with it if it is a really bad case of thrush because she then puts her toys in her mouth and i dont want to spread what ever it is!

omgsh i just changed her and she was crying when i wiped on her rash (she had a poo bum so i had to) then screaming when i applied the cream. :cry: It's spread to the top of her thigh too :(

Hon, my baby is prone to this, and as far as I can tell from what you're saying, it is thrush. It cvan take up to a week for the cream to work, but it does start to get less painful for them. Keep using the cream hon, it should work. My LO has had it spread all up her chest too, poor thing.

My LO's bum looked like it had been attacked with a cheese grater; bleeding and everything. At the momennt she has thrush as well, and she seems to be prone to it. I carry Canesten cream (the same ingredient as the steroid you've been given; Clotramizole) around with me just in case she develops it while we're out.

Perhaps you could do nappy off time on a towel, and then wash the towel? I have those mats you put on the bed in case LO wets themselves while potty training, and I use them for nappy off time, although if she's at an age where her hands are going everywhere, having the nappy area open could be bad if she has cream on the affected areas, and then puts her hand in it.

The doctor said her skin could be resistant to the canestan as we have had to use it alot on her. it's been almost a week since i took her to the doctor. Should i wait a couple more days do u think or should i take her back there? Yes it looks like its been scraped with a cheese grater. not nice :(

I agree with the above. No-nappy time! Maybe put something clean over her mat so that she sits there instead. I am not sure if a bath would help? No soap just the feeling of being in the water could help?

Cotton wool & water seem to be a lot less painful than wipes I found :thumbup:and again, just as much nappy free time as poss. Poor Ella :hugs: x

There's nothing stopping you going back to the doctor, so try that if you think it's getting worse, or not improving. If you think it's getting better, albeit slowly, I would wait and see what happens. It's totally up to you, because you know the situation better than us. If your LO is in a lot of pain, then go back and see if there's something stronger, or antibiotics maybe. I know that dabbing live yogurt onto the affected area can help soothe the itchiness and pain; but not sure if you can use it on LO :shrug:

Yea I'll do that tomorrow, i'll put a sheet over her mat. Not that she stays on her mat :dohh:

There's nothing stopping you going back to the doctor, so try that if you think it's getting worse, or not improving. If you think it's getting better, albeit slowly, I would wait and see what happens. It's totally up to you, because you know the situation better than us. If your LO is in a lot of pain, then go back and see if there's something stronger, or antibiotics maybe. I know that dabbing live yogurt onto the affected area can help soothe the itchiness and pain; but not sure if you can use it on LO :shrug:

i'm planning on taking her in tomorrow so i'll just stick to that :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->