My baby hates one breast?

babybloo

Nora & Benny's Mommy
Reaction score
My LO is two weeks old and bf is finally getting better. We had some latching issues at first, then it was a struggle dealing with engorgement. Now she does great, and it takes no effort at all... But only on my left breast. My right, oh man, is completely wrecked. Huge scab, so painful. It started to heal up but now we are struggling again. She has the worst time trying to latch on to this one. Maybe I just have a crappy nipple on this side? Now she gets so mad it takes a good ten minutes of her trying before she gets it which is so awful!

Plus, LO sleeps one 4-5 hour stretch in the early morning and by the time we wake up to feed the right is so full but the left is fine. I try to feed one side at a feeding and an equal amount on both through out the day.

Any advice? I want to give up but then I feed her on the left and love bf'ing again.

Could you express on the right side until it heals, then start perservering with trying that side once it has healed perhaps?x

I was thinking this. Maybe using my pump on that side in the mean time? I have a hard time hand expressing anything on that side. I'm just worried it won't toughen up if baby isnt feeding from it and will be straight back to being painful and getting wrecked once it's healed. Though I'm sure it won't heal if this continues either.

My DD was always better on my left hand side too. I had to feed on the right using the rugby ball position at first instead of cross craddle until we both got the hang of latching better. A BFing consultant told me that helps because LO is feeding from the direction in which they're comfortable latching.

Yeah my LO preferred my right side from day 1! The midwives at hospital said to feed her rugby ball style on the side she didn't like to 'trick' her into thinking she was feeding from her favourite one. She still fussed a bit but it worked. Now she doesn't care which side she feeds from. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->