My baby inventory... Yes I am a control freak.

welshsarah

Reaction score
Ok Im panicing, I decided tonight to write down everything we got for DS2 and do an inventory (I gave everything away from my previous pregnancy so had to start afresh!). Heres what I got so far... Yes I am a control freak at the moment hormones. Anyone can suggest anything else I may need? I want to breast feed this time around, but got bottles just incase. Not buying a pump as I think that was what let me down last time, too busy trying to express.

BABY ITEMS....

Equipment
Moses basket
Crib (going to get his cot when hes here!)
Musical mobiles 2
Lullaby light up toy for crib 1
Changing bag
2 bouncer chairs (1 for lounge and 1 for nursury)
Play mat
Cold Water steriliser
Milton tablets
Small steriliser for dummies
small steriliser tablets
5 small advent bottles
6 big advent bottles
4 dr brown bottles (just incase...)
6 dummies
5 blankets
Car seat
Activity Arch
Top n Tail bowl
Cotton wool pads (not using wetwipes for first few weeks)
Cotton wool balls
Nappies 2 large packs of size 2 pampers I think its 50 odd in a pack

Johnsons box with all baby bath, oil,shampoo, lotion
Sudocrem
Infocol
Milton spray 3
milton wipes
milton handgel
baby sponge
5 baby flannels
Changing mat (for upstairs)
Changing Station downstairs
Baby bath
Summer infant bath seat
Cuddle robes 9
sleeping bags 1 tog (0-6 months) 4
Moses basket sheets 6
Crib sheets 10
Bibs 30
muslins 12
cossatto 3 in 1 giggle pram/pushchair convo.
CLOTHES - UP TO 1 MONTH
Vests 19
Rompers 4
Sleepsuits 9
Scratch mits 4
outfits 5
tops 1
trousers 3
Cardigans 2
booties 1
Coats 1
Sun hats 3
Sleephats 3
Socks 20 pairs
Pyjamas 2

0-3 months

Vests 22
Rompers 1
Sleepsuits 18
outfits 6
tops 7
trousers 1
cardigan
booties
Jacket 3
Coats
Sun hats 3
winter hats 2
gloves 2
Shoes (prewalkers) 2
sleephats 1
Pyjamas 0

Also have 3-6 months, 6-9 and 9-12 month clothes but not much and not so worried about them as of yet.

my items for hosp and nursing
maturnity sleep bras (will get measured for nursing bras nearer to the time)
Breast pads
maturnity pads
2 feeding vests
maturnity pjs

oh just to say I know babies dont sleep in hats but I call them noddy type hats sleep hats!

Lol...you have an awful lot! This is my third. I have a swing, some diapers and wipes, a little clothes, a few blankets and a boppy. Some burp cloths and my old pump, and my old cosleeper. The rest will fall into place :)

Lol...you have an awful lot! This is my third. I have a swing, some diapers and wipes, a little clothes, a few blankets and a boppy. Some burp cloths and my old pump, and my old cosleeper. The rest will fall into place :)

Iv turned into a freak the last few weeks, crying all the time, trying to nest! Worrying about getting things for the baby. I know its all hormones! But got 8 weeks left and Im driving myself crazy xxx

Wow, you've got a lot of stuff!

I'd suggest a nursing pillow and some nipple cream to make breast feeding success more likely.

Sorry, nervous trigger finger. :haha: that was meant to say nipple cream. Have edited.

Oh yeh never thought of nipple cream as I never needed it before. Is there any brand you would recommend or to avoid?X

I used Lansinoh and loved that but I haven't tried any others. That stuff is magical though! And it can stay on when baby is feeding, I think some others beed to be wiped off. Also brilliant for any dry skin or chapped lips btw. And for softening old leather. :haha:

I used Lansinoh and loved that but I haven't tried any others. That stuff is magical though! And it can stay on when baby is feeding, I think some others beed to be wiped off. Also brilliant for any dry skin or chapped lips btw. And for softening old leather. :haha:

Ok fab thank you hun, will need to look out for some :) will just do a list of things left to buy and order a pile off mothercare all together :)xxx

You sound like me lol... you seem to have everything down... nipple cream boppy pillow I just ordered... I honestly didnt buy bottles as im very determined to make bf work this time:)

Your list looks like mine except I don't think I'm quite so organised as yet. I've been too busy cleaning to start sorting stuff out for baby (nesting big time here too!).

I think you have enough though lol - I would also say Lanisoh. I have never BF'd but was given some little sample packs when Eddy was born and was told to use them on his bottom when he got newborn rash (as they all get) and it worked amazingly well and I full intend to get a small bottle ready for this one.

I still have pretty much EVERYTHING from my other 2. The only things I gave away were the newborn clothes and I'm umming and ahhing about re-buying them as I have a feeling this is going to be another goliath baby in which case I wont need them. However, my over-organised self will probably get at least a small amount closer to the time.

You sound like me lol... you seem to have everything down... nipple cream boppy pillow I just ordered... I honestly didnt buy bottles as im very determined to make bf work this time:)

Aww I really want to breast feed too. :) I want to give it a good go this time, but theres a worry in the back of my mind, ' what if I dont produce enough milk? What if hes really hungry (hes measuring 3 weeks ahead so if hes a big baby will the first few days of colostrum be enough?) I didnt produce enough milk for DD and she was only 7lb4 and midwives didnt help, (had bad experiences), so put her straight on formula. :) are do you take your boppy pillow in hosp with you?X

Your list looks like mine except I don't think I'm quite so organised as yet. I've been too busy cleaning to start sorting stuff out for baby (nesting big time here too!).

I think you have enough though lol - I would also say Lanisoh. I have never BF'd but was given some little sample packs when Eddy was born and was told to use them on his bottom when he got newborn rash (as they all get) and it worked amazingly well and I full intend to get a small bottle ready for this one.

I still have pretty much EVERYTHING from my other 2. The only things I gave away were the newborn clothes and I'm umming and ahhing about re-buying them as I have a feeling this is going to be another goliath baby in which case I wont need them. However, my over-organised self will probably get at least a small amount closer to the time.

Iv noticed with a some of stores now they are selling first size and then up to 1 month then 0-3 months. I was shocked as back when I had my 2 there were only 2 sizes newborn and 0-3 months. I know tescos and next do this. I refusing to buy the first size however as I know hes going to be a big ish boy. My DS was 8lb14 and im measuring big on this one by 3 weeks... soo...
Are just get a pack of vests and packs of sleep suits just incase :)X

I've really kept things minimal since this is my 3rd baby.

We are using my daughters crib when he transitions into his shared room with his sister. They are also sharing her dresser and closet space and I am using the same rocking chair, changing table and wipe warmer.

Purchased new since I had donated everything else:
Swing
Bouncer
Newborn sleep n'play (bassinet)
Pack n' Play for travel
Travel System

Additional items purchased:
Inexpensive crib bedding.
A few receiving blankets
A few newborn and 0-3 clothes (Basics: onsies, sleep n plays and a few onsie/short outfits in 0-3)
Bathtub
Baby wash/lotion/diaper cream
A few baby towels/washcloths
Diapers
Wipes

I think that's it. I plan to breastfeed again and can run to the store or send someone if I need anything else.

Aww I really want to breast feed too. :) I want to give it a good go this time, but theres a worry in the back of my mind, ' what if I dont produce enough milk? What if hes really hungry (hes measuring 3 weeks ahead so if hes a big baby will the first few days of colostrum be enough?) I didnt produce enough milk for DD and she was only 7lb4 and midwives didnt help, (had bad experiences), so put her straight on formula. :) are do you take your boppy pillow in hosp with you?X

Im not taking mine with me... I hope I can bf this time... I think I just gave up too early w my first...this time im making it work lol...hope it works out for you too!:)

Im not taking mine with me... I hope I can bf this time... I think I just gave up too early w my first...this time im making it work lol...hope it works out for you too!:)

If you both really want to breastfeed this time, I'd say keep in mind that often it can look like its not working for a few days but you'll still be fine in the end. Milk takes a while to come in and mum and baby need to learn to latch properly. But after two weeks it works for the vast majority of mums, if they haven't given up. I say this, because I think people/midwives/doctors are often far too quick to tell you to switch if its hard. I'm not saying being stressed for two weeks is great but to me it was so much better than regretting giving up and feeling like a failure (I'm NOT saying anyone is, I'm saying I would have felt like one) for the rest of my life. I know people just want to make things easier for mums but I honestly think it's much easier to persevere just a few days more, because in 97% of cases, it will work out eventually.
It's normal for babies to lose some weight in their first few days btw, anything under 10% of their body weight isn't even mentioned.
I hope that didn't sound scary. What I'm trying to say is, you absolutely can do it, just trust yourself and your baby and know that it's normal for things to take around 2 weeks to fall into place. Just because it looks hopeless on day 4 does not mean it's not going to work out in the end.

Wow you are definitely ready! I havent got a quarter of that and I thought I was doing OK. But I don't want to buy too much clotheswise before he is here because we don't know what will work best etc...:haha:

I've really kept things minimal since this is my 3rd baby.

We are using my daughters crib when he transitions into his shared room with his sister. They are also sharing her dresser and closet space and I am using the same rocking chair, changing table and wipe warmer.

Ermmm....got to ask....what's a wipe warmer? :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"