My baby making concoction...Few questions!

Marle790

Reaction score
Hi all,

New here and happy to be! Nice to meet you all in advance!

My hubby and I have been TTC since January. As soon as I stopped my birth control my lifelong irregular periods came back to haunt me. In May I was diagnosed with PCOS and given Provera to induce it along with Metformin. Still no period. Met with doc again this week and on to the next step we go. Here's her plan of attack. Stay on Metformin. Induce period again with Provera. Days 1-7 take Clomid. Days 8-18 start Estrogen (With OPKs daily and sex every other day). Then days 19 and so on, take Progesterone.

I've seen many mention Clomid before on here so I guess I'd just love to hear how it went for you and if you have any advice?
Also, what are your thoughts on pre-seed and do you think it's necessary with all this stuff? We have never needed lubricant before but if it seems to help others we are willing to try!

We are really praying over here! Thanks ladies!

It sounds like your doctors got a good plan for you. I'm currently on my first cycle on Clomid and took my second pill last night. No side effects so far. I started Metformin a few months ago. Usually women take clomid for 5 days, I've never heard it being taken for longer.

If you don't need lube, preseed isn't going to help. It really just means you have more of what your body is already producing.

It sounds like your doctors got a good plan for you. I'm currently on my first cycle on Clomid and took my second pill last night. No side effects so far. I started Metformin a few months ago. Usually women take clomid for 5 days, I've never heard it being taken for longer.

If you don't need lube, preseed isn't going to help. It really just means you have more of what your body is already producing.

Thank you! I appreciate the input! Hope it keeps going well for you!

I definitely recommend preseed with clomid. Clomid makes your cm more hostile than usual and preseed can help make it more friendly. We used clomid to conceive dd and did use preseed along with softcups. I just got my prescription for clomid for #2 and intend on using preseed and softcups again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->