My baby's never going to sleep during the day

whatwillbe

Reaction score
Just a little rant, it looks as though she's never going to sleep during the day , from first thing in the morning until around 10 at night she has to be constantly held, she'l sit in her bouncy chair for 10 mins at the most an then she cries so I have to lift her, she'l feed to sleep an after I put her in her basket she's awake crying within minutes, I shouldn't complain because she's sleeping through the night , usually wakes about 4 or 5 in the morning but I am physically exhausted !! I ache all over , I don't have any help being a single mom with 3 older kids and my family rant the most helpful, most of them work but my mom I hate to say doesn't and she's so lazy, even when she is here, not very often, I end up running around after her too, she's more of a hinderance than a help. I just can't wait until lo is able to entertain herself a bit more, like play with toys or just be content to sit in her chair for a while, I am soo tired aarrrggg !! Sorry, just needed to let that out x

I completely understand your exhaustion, they really are hard work aren't they?
My LO used to whinge alot and still does really to be fair (arches his back and moans with frustration) it was so draining. I would be putting him from one thing to another and back then he only really had 2 45 min naps in the day. Now hes older he sleeps alot longer in the day and can entertain himself abit more so it does get easier, plus i started leaving him to have his whinge rather than rushing to grab him as soon as he started, it has helped and i thought, i got stuff to do aswell, you're not in danger so abit of whinging won't harm you for a few minutes :D you'll get there, you're doing well x

They are ! I forgot how tiring it can be, an what you said about them arching their back, my lo doesn't do that yet but even when I'm feeding her , I'm bf, she wriggles about , keeps pulling herself off the boob , it's like she's having a fight with my boob lol, that in itself is exhausting , if shed just feed without that it wouldn't be so bad ! I've also started to leave her to cry a bit longer now, when I have to , especially when I'm getting my older ones ready for school, you can tell when their just whinging from a real cry, I feel bad moaning because she's so lovely , a real joy but she is def hard work ! :)

I've just put her down and she seems settled, so I'm going to attempt a bath and shave my legs.. It's been a few weeks now :blush: lol, fingers x she sleeps for a while !! X

My LO has always done that boob fussing too, always wriggling! Can't even get much of a hug from him lol.
Don't feel guilty for moaning, we all love our LO's but they are tiring and do get us frustrated sometimes, we only human afterall.
I enjoy the moment with my LO much more now plus i also look to the future thinking about when he will be older and more independant and can go the park and it really helps me to appreciate the now with him if you know what i mean because it comes around so fast. I have a 7 year old too and looking back its just flown by.

Haha, a bath and a shave is a real treat these days LOL! I was going to have one tonight but LO woke up an hour after being put down haha, enjoy your bath!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->