My best friend just had a baby girl

Boo44

Mummy of 2 boys
Reaction score
I can't believe how it has made me feel.

I adore my two baby boys to the moon and back but during pregnancy with my second (team yellow both times) I actually cried at how much I hoped it was a girl and what if it wasn't? He was born and I never had another feeling like that as I genuinely think that when they're placed in your arms you can't imagine anything else. But there were 5 is us due in the last 6 months, and this was the final one and my best friend. They have all been girls apart from mine. Lots of talk of pink and dresses and doing their hair etc

I was desperate for my best friend to have a boy. This has brought back my gender disappointment and now I'm thinking that we won't have a 3rd baby (planning for hopefully 3 years) because I can't put myself through the hopefulness for a girl that I probably will never get. My friends have all found it easy to have girls! I've actually felt sad all day instead of excited for her. I think I'm the worst person in the world...

Your not the worse person in the world Hun, it's totally normal to feel that way. Sometimes it seems like everyone else gets exactly what they want without even trying and it just never happens for us.
I dread hearing all the girl announcements I want to feel happy for them but I feel angry that it just can't be me!

Will u have any more kids? I'm pregnant with my last so last chance saloon here :)

Massive hugs to you sweetie, I promise you you are not the worst person in the world and your the not only person to feel that way. I have two boys and both times we've been team yellow. I secretly thought my second would be a girl as my pregnancy was so different from my first and lots of people commented on how I was carrying etc. like you though the second we found out he was a boy I was over joyed and haven't wished it any other way.

I still get incredibly jealous when I hear of anybody announcing their pregnancy as they have that chance of having their little girl. I actually can't bring myself to ask people once they've found out and I've never dared ask anybody face to face as I'm not sure how well I'd hide my sadness if they were expecting their girl. I have no idea why I feel this way though, any girl could grow up to be a Tom boy or we could have the worst relationship possible, girls can be so bitchy through school and I already know how to deal with boys so I don't understand my feelings.

Thinking of you, it must be very hard to be around all those girls

Massive hugs to you sweetie, I promise you you are not the worst person in the world and your the not only person to feel that way. I have two boys and both times we've been team yellow. I secretly thought my second would be a girl as my pregnancy was so different from my first and lots of people commented on how I was carrying etc. like you though the second we found out he was a boy I was over joyed and haven't wished it any other way.

I still get incredibly jealous when I hear of anybody announcing their pregnancy as they have that chance of having their little girl. I actually can't bring myself to ask people once they've found out and I've never dared ask anybody face to face as I'm not sure how well I'd hide my sadness if they were expecting their girl. I have no idea why I feel this way though, any girl could grow up to be a Tom boy or we could have the worst relationship possible, girls can be so bitchy through school and I already know how to deal with boys so I don't understand my feelings.

You have said it exactly how I feel, to the mark. I dread my friends' babies being born as they always get their girls. Literally all of them did! And I feel like I'm expected to pretend I wanted boys, but I actually just say that oh I wanted a girl both time, but once they're here it doesn't matter. I do believe that. I tried to tell my husband how I feel as I literally couldn't bring myself to reply to the text at one point! And he was really supportive but I just feel bitter and horrid.

We do want a third child I think. I had the usual rough time in early pregnancy and my second was an unplanned surprise with a small age gap so I swore at the time I was never having another absolutely no way. But part of me thinks it's a dangerous game trying for a third and being desperate for a girl. Because if I get an innocent gorgeous little boy I would hate to feel disappointment

You have said it exactly how I feel, to the mark. I dread my friends' babies being born as they always get their girls. Literally all of them did! And I feel like I'm expected to pretend I wanted boys, but I actually just say that oh I wanted a girl both time, but once they're here it doesn't matter. I do believe that. I tried to tell my husband how I feel as I literally couldn't bring myself to reply to the text at one point! And he was really supportive but I just feel bitter and horrid.

We do want a third child I think. I had the usual rough time in early pregnancy and my second was an unplanned surprise with a small age gap so I swore at the time I was never having another absolutely no way. But part of me thinks it's a dangerous game trying for a third and being desperate for a girl. Because if I get an innocent gorgeous little boy I would hate to feel disappointment

I can't even imagine how difficult it is around all those girls, and I'm sure you've heard plenty of times about how lucky you are to have the only boy - which is true of course!

I think we've decided to try for a third and as much as deep down I know we'll have our 3rd boy (i once read if you have 2 of one gender you have an 80% chance of having a third of the same gender)I keep having this flash of hope that we might just have a girl, then I have to stop myself as I know I'll be even more heart broken if I let myself dream. I've even thought of secretly going for a gender scan so I can get used to the thought of having a boy without having everybody say "oh I bet you were hoping for a girl". And the fact that I've even had these thoughts before we're even trying makes me an awful mum. I think in reality I'm worried if we tried again and had another boy I would struggle to bond with him.

I can completely relate to your feelings x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->