My best friends pregnant!

babey

Reaction score
So I just found out last night that my best friend (who never really wanted kids yet) has fallen pregnant.

There was me going on about how I've started my meds and if ivf works and goes to plan, I'll be due in November.. Bla bla bla and all along she was worried about telling me she is preggo!

Although I'm happy for her, I feel like she has stollen my thunder and generally feel like I've been kicked in the teeth! Am I wrong to feel this way?

You're not wrong to feel this way. u have been through quite a journey, with many challenges, not to mention the hormones and emotions that go along with it. It's never easy to know that other women get pg so easily and we have to go through all this pain before we get our little blessing. On the other hand, I have learned, that you can't expect anyone to understand what we are going through, bc it's not something you can truly understand if you are not in it. The emotions that go along with TTC are different than anything we can ever imagine. So don't get upset at your friend for being excited around you, bc she doesn't know better, how can she. I have to go to a baby shower in 2 weeks and was dreading it, but then I went out and shopped for baby clothes for the little girl, and it made me so happy, totally changed my perspective. Maybe try to do something for your friend that is special, to shake off this feeling that you have, remember positivity and happiness are very important for you at this time. Especially if you are doing IVF! Also, all the meds make your hormones rage, so I always keep that in mind too. Don't let it get the best of you. I think you have been blessed with a pg buddy, and don't even know it yet! GL with IVF....I have a friend that has 2 children via IVF. It will work :dust: :blue: :pink:

LilRu thank you so much for your words! I know what you are saying is true :) I will take your advice on board. I am happy for her and would love it if we shared a pregnancy together!! I just hope it works for me!! Xx

Wrong is not the word, but you gotta know that there's a season for everything, you will have yours too. Be happy her

I know how hard that is. When I was first ttc in 2010 it seemed like so many friends were getting pregnant without trying. Took me till ivf in 2012 to get pregnant.
It'll happen. It's just a harder journey for some of us.
It would be great if you could be preggers with your best friend. My bf is 12 weeks pregnant and I'm hoping I'll have good news after my FET this week. So I know how you feel !!! I hope it happens for you soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->