• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

My big idea

Becky

Jacobs Mummy
Reaction score
Right I have decided I am going to try and do the following

Give my mum parental responsibility of Jacob, If anything happened to me Luke would have sole responsibility of him and that would kill my family

Get Jacobs surname changed to mine, He currently has Lukes but he hasnt seen him for 7/8 months and has nothing to do with him basically

Anyone have any experience of this? or advice? It would be greatly appriciated x

hey depends if father is named on his birth certificate, you cant change his name on it, you may only be able to change it by deed poll, and father of your child may have to agree, although not entirely sure about that bit.

As for giving your mum parental responsibilty, don't know much about that, again it would depend whether he was named on birth cert. I have been advised to make a will when my LO arrives, stating my wishes, i want my parents to have custody should anything happen to me. it isn't as straight forward as that, it would have to be decided what was in the childs best interests at the time, and how much involvement the father had in the childs life etc, it would probably be for the courts to decide, but they would take everything into consideration x

Not sure about the name part

But if you leave a Will stating your wishes, it should proceed as stated in that. Howeve as the farther he will have the right to appeal and take it to court, but it would be extreamley unlikely that a court would decide against your Will

I dont really know how you go about changing jacob's surname,

Can i ask if you regret putting the father on the birth cert? i am just mulling this over, i dont want a blank space but like you, i dont want my child to end up being taken away from my family if anything should happen to me. i dont want him to have as much rights as me so i also want to get my mum involved somehow. Ive been advised to make a living will aswell.. im sure the courts will do whats best for this child should anything happen, and whats best for them is that they stay with our families. But these dickhead guys might appeal.. let me know how it goes!

Claire I do regret it only because he now has such a big hold over everything, Ill talk to you on msn soon about it all x

I thought you had up to 12 months to change their name on the birth certificate in special circumstances, have a look and see if you can find any info on that hun, would be better than doing it by deed poll if you didnt have to!!

I dont really know how you go about changing jacob's surname,

Can i ask if you regret putting the father on the birth cert? i am just mulling this over, i dont want a blank space but like you, i dont want my child to end up being taken away from my family if anything should happen to me. i dont want him to have as much rights as me so i also want to get my mum involved somehow. Ive been advised to make a living will aswell.. im sure the courts will do whats best for this child should anything happen, and whats best for them is that they stay with our families. But these dickhead guys might appeal.. let me know how it goes!

Just a bit of advice my friends baby hasn't seem her dad for quite a while she was told by the police that if he was to take the baby and not bring her back they would not do anything because he was on the birth cert she's now got solicitors involded!c

can i just ask on the back of this post .... does the baby have to take the fathers name ? i plan to put the fathers name on the birth certificate - i dont want to leave it blank and when the baby was conceived, the father fully supported my desire to have a baby ... but i would prefer the baby to have my name.

is this possible or does the law state that the baby has to take the fathers name ?

fizz - the baby can have whoever's name you choose, but if its his he has to be there and sign it himself, you cant do it for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"