My Birth Story - Lyla Rose 2/6/11

EllaAndLyla

Earth and Angel mummy!
Reaction score
Missing you third tri mummas already!!!!! Hope all is going well for you and labour dust is sprayed your way when the time is right!!!!!

I have a little birth story for all those interested - its a tad long! :D
- My due date was June 3rd however i went into labour on June 1st at 4AM.. It started off quite slowly, I was convinced I would be having a baby that day but what i didnt realise is the pains that i was experiencing then were nothing of what was to come!! :dohh: By 9PM that evening I was starting to realise that they were getting obviously worse and regulating, I had also had a lot of bloody show that day!!! So me and Billy (OH) went up to the hospital with all our bags, the baby car seat and everything else! The hospital had asked us to come in as we rang them beforehand... We were disappointed when we got there, told we couldnt use the birth centre with the water birthing pools as they were all in use, we were put into what seemed like a very under used room! I wasn't happy! Of course by now my contractions had become irregular again! All the midwife did was check my pad and BP then send me home for 'rest'. I was annoyed as i would have thought they would examine me to see if i was becoming dilated or not!!? But we took all our stuff and headed home :cry: I was so upset by this point, and frustrated from the pain, i just got into bed, had a little sob and tried to sleep. I managed about two hours of undisturbed sleep, after that every contraction woke me up, I was sweating, in alot of pain and exhausted as I had been up since 4AM wednesday and it was now 24 hours ahead and I had only had 2 hours sleep! By the proper morning when Billy was awake, I could barely talk as I was in sooooo much pain. I tried taking some paracetamol to 'ease' it, which obviously didnt work as under an hour later i was screaming 'I NEED TO PUSH'. With that Billy grabbed me, grabbed our stuff and took us to the hospital. My mum and his mum both joined us as I was rushed into the room and examined! To my suprise my waters had broken in the lift on the way up to the birth centre (which was now free - yay!) and I was 4 1/2cm dilated! As the midwife filled up the water birth pool she told me i would have a baby within the next 8 hours! And it was EXACTLY 8 hours on that my Lyla Rose was born!!!! I spent more than half the time in the pool without any gas and air, up until i couldnt breath properly through the contractions. The midwifes left the room at around 5PM to make every one (apart from me of course) a cup of tea and as they did I had more than the urge to push! I couldnt help it!!!! I was pushing my baby out!!! The midwife had to literally drag me out of the pool and onto a bed so she could quickly examine me and see if my body really was ready.. I was fully dilated and basically got thrown back into the pool and told to push! I threw the gas and air down, I decided that this bubba was coming as naturally as possible! I am glad I did! I was not high for the birth of my first child! I said i wanted to see what it felt like and I bloody well did!!!! After just under an hour of pushing, my babies head was out! I was then told not to push!!!! HARDEST THING EVER! The baby needed to decide which way to go, which she couldnt make her mind up!!! I could hear my mum, OH and his mum all laughing at her trying to make up her mind, I wanted to open my eyes and look down at her full head of hair but i knew it would distract the 'pushing' routine that i had in my head.. She decided to come from the left and with two more pushes I had my little purple baby in my arms!!!! I had a 2nd degree tear and a graze, I got stitched up fairly soon after the birth (even though they did them, cut them out and did them again!)!

Its true when they say its love at first sight!!!! You forget all the pain and suffering you put up with through out the pregnancy and the labour! The second she was in my arms I knew that she was all worth it, every pain, every penny spent, every sacrifice made! And I would do it all again!!! My Little Lyla Rose is perfect!!!! I wouldnt change her for the world, even if my life depended on it!!! I cant take my eyes off of her beautiful face!!!! :cloud9:
She weighed a gorgeous 8lbs and was born at 6PM on June 2nd 2011

Huge congrats hunni! You obviously know your body better than the midwives eh?! Well done to you and welcome little Lyla Rose.

Congrats, she's beautiful! I am glad you got to use the birthing pool! :)

What a great story! :) congratulations again! Xx

Gorgeous photos, you both look so adorable together x

You made me cry with your story! Oh, congrats! She is lovely, and you look so happy on this pics !

she is gorgeous congratulations... xxx

Congratulations Ella!! You should be so proud she's gorgeous! The pictures are great too! Can't wait until its my turn :( xx

what beautiful photos, so glad it all went well for you :)

hopefully be my turn soon and im guna ask for the pool too xxx

Glad you got your water birth in the end!! Thanks for sharing, the pictures are absolutely beautiful!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->