• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

My birth story - positive induction story!

M

MegGriffin

Hi ladies,

Well my beautiful litle daughter is now 5.5 days old and thought I would share my birth story with you all as I loved reading them when i was pregnant.

I had strong BH about a week and a half before the labour, which I tought was the start of things, but suddenly they completely stopped which was very fustrating. Bbay was also never more than 1/5th palp.

About 5 days before my waters broke I bounced on the gym ball everyday for about 3/4 hours, and the night before my waters broke I had a very hot curry.

At 4.30am my waters broke, before this I had no signs of labour. I was 40+3 at this point. We went to the hospital and they examined me but there was so much weater they couldn't find my cervix, so they sent ,e home and gave me 24 hours to go into labour naturally. If I didn't as my waters broke already ans prone to infection, they would induce me at 9am the following day (24hours later).

I was getting contractions every hour, then every 45 mins, right up until they were 5 mins apart, we ent to the hospital at 1am that next morning but they ent me home again as they said tey need to be 5 mins apart for about 2/3 hours to be established labour.

Went home got some sleep and my contractions all but ended. Went to the hospital at 9am as planned for my induction.

They gave me a prostaglandin gel to start labour, and I was getting strong painful contractions but nothing was advancing or becoming more frequent. My waters were literally gushing out of all all day!

By 8pm they made the decision to induce me on the syntocin drip. I was told thei would bring on contractions thick and fast and is roughly 5 times more painful than natural labour as it it bought on all of a suddena nd very intense. i was davised to have an epidural before the drip wasput in whic i did.

They put me on an antibiotic drip (because my waters had broke for about 30 hours at this point), gave me the epidural and then started me on the drip.

I was uncomfortable as I had so many needles in me, drips in me and had to stay flat on my back or on my side due to the continuous monitoring, and had to have a catherer put in, but within 5 hours I was fully dialated and after only 45 mins of pushing - with no forceps, vontusse or episiomtmy, my litle girl was born!

I had a second degree tear, to be honest with the epidural and the antestistic it didn't feel that bad at all.

While I was pushing the epidural startd to wear off and I could feel the pain of her coming out, which I won't lie, is very very painful, BUT if i'm being honest the pain helped me push really effectively and well and meant I pushed her out after only 45 mins. Considring she weighed 8lbs as well is no mean feat.

Once she was born they put her on me and I gave her a breastfeed.

After this I started becoming violently sick and threw up about times (as a result of al the drugs). they gave me an anti sickness injection and after 45 mins I felt fine. Literally within an hour and a half of giving birth I was up and about and feeling (relatively) normal!

Now 5.5 days later, I've started to feel like my old self, my tummy is starting to shrink and enjoying life as a mummy :)

xx

congratulations hun,glad all is ok and you finally have ur baby girl in ur arms after days of waiting for things kick in properly x x x

Awww congratulations hun!! I'd been wondering about you as I'd not seen you around on here for a few days. I'm so pleased for you and it's great to read a positive induction story.

Congrats hun,great to read some gud and positive induction stories.

Congrats hun,its gud to read some positive induction stories

Thanks ladies! it's all worth it in the end and you have your baby in your arms :) good louck everyone and see you in baby club soon! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"